Holicong Middle School
Updates From Mr. Bucher
Mr. McGullam's Science Class
Broadways Cares Event At Holicong
On Thursday, February 28th, the theater troupes of CB East, CB West, Holicong, Lenape, Tamanend and Unami will participate in a one-night only performance benefitting Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. This special performance will be held at 7:30 PM in the Holicong Middle School Auditorium, and will feature selections from each school's Spring musical.
Admission for this great night of entertainment is a $5 donation. That night, there will also be refreshments for sale, as well as a silent auction/Broadway Bonanza featuring autographed cast posters from current Broadway productions and other Broadway themed gifts and memorabilia. All of the proceeds from this event go to BC/EFA.
We hope to see you at Holicong on February 28th for a wonderful celebration of our Central Bucks community that supports a great cause!
9th Grade Assessment Presentations Scheduled For February 25th, 26th, and 27th!
March is National Nutrition Month
March is National Nutrition Month. As a result, Aramark is sponsoring a student poster contest. They will select the best submissions from the elementary, middle and high schools and award a gift certificate to those students. Please see the attached flyer.
Kids Castle Town Hall Meeting
You are invited to attend a Kids Castle Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, February 28th @ 7:00 p.m. at Lenape Middle School – 313 W. State Street, Doylestown. You can also visit www.savekidscastle.org for additional information.
Next Week's Athletics At Holicong....
-Monday, 2/25 – 7th grade boys' basketball VS Unami home
-Tuesday, 2/26 – 8th grade boys' basketball VS Tamanend away
-Wednesday, 2/27 – 7th grade boys' basketball VS Newtown home
-Thursday, 2/28 – 8th grade boys' basketball VS New Hope-Solebury home
-Friday, 3/1 – 7th grade boys' basketball VS Tamanend home
SCHOOL BOARD BRIEFS
At the February 12, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Lenape String Quartet performance before the school board meeting.
2. Heard the Academic Spotlight about the Career Planning Report from Lisa Corr and Ginny Barrett.
3. Heard the Superintendent’s Report and Communications, Finance and Operations Committee Reports.
4. Approved School Board Minutes.
5. Approved the Resolution for the Tax Collection Procedures and Tax Collector Pay for
6. Approved the Bucks County IU #22 Programs and Services 2013-14 Budget.
7. Approved the Construction Contract and Equipment Purchases as follows:
-HVAC Equipment Contract for Holicong to Myco Mechanical - $244,800
-Backhoe from Plasterer Equipment Company - $65,600
-Scissor Lift from Mobile Lifts - $17,260
8. Approved various personnel items and student trips.
9. Discussed process for construction of the CB East Stadium. There will be a public hearing regarding the project on March 19 at 7:00 p.m. at Lenape Auditorium.