Joint Release: COVID-19 Update
From Sunnyvale ISD and The Town of Sunnyvale
SISD Grab & Go Meals
SISD Extends Spring Break
Below is an excerpt from last Friday's communication to the SISD community:
As you know, keeping our students, staff, families and visitors safe and healthy is the highest priority for Sunnyvale ISD. Over the past few days, we have seen things change minute by minute. Please know that students are always at the heart of our decisions and we are managing this situation with them and our entire community in mind. We have been in constant contact with local, state and federal health authorities. We are also in contact with neighboring school districts.
Based on recommendations from all health experts we are extending Spring Break and will be keeping schools closed next week, Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 20. During this extended spring break, all-district events and competitions that have been scheduled during this timeframe will be considered canceled until further notice (we hope to be able to reschedule the third grade NASA field trip and will keep you updated on this as soon as we are able). As families are returning from spring break, we will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation. A decision will be made in regard to reopening SISD schools sometime next week. We will communicate updated information as it becomes available.
For more information about SISD's Spring Break extension and the full text of last week's communication, please click here.
100 Women of Sunnyvale Head Up Volunteer Supply Effort - Do YOU Need Supplies?
Please know this is a volunteer effort and we will respond as best we can, using available supplies and resources for those most in need.
Special thanks to Riddell Plumbing for sponsoring this important initiative!
From Mayor Saji George
Dear Sunnyvale Residents,
I want to thank you for your efforts to keep our community safe during these times of uncertainty and concern regarding the COVID-19 health crisis.
I want to assure you that your local government has been, and continues to prepare for situations such as these. Just this year, our entire leadership team completed National Incident Management (NIMS) training and are currently using this model to ensure continuity of government operations so that we may be able to provide services to our residents and get them the help they need.
The concept of social distancing has been applied to separate our staff so that if someone becomes ill, they do not infect the entire staff. In an abundance of caution, we have:
· Issued a disaster declaration along with the County and other regional cities, prohibiting large gatherings of more than 500 people. We suggest avoiding gatherings of any size. Even if you are not vulnerable, someone you may come in contact with could be;
· We are participating in two calls per day with the State and County to coordinate;
· Closed the municipal court for the next two weeks;
· Closed the Library to the public at this time. Staff are still available to answer questions via email and phone during normal business hours;
· We have split our crews into two shifts and are disinfecting work spaces to prevent spread of the virus;
· We have also implemented protocols for our Fire and EMS personnel to ensure they are equipped with appropriate personal protective equipment when responding to calls;
· We are encouraging residents to use our online bill pay system or our drop box for utility payments and avoid coming to Town Hall if at all possible.
As noted above, our SISD is also taking important steps to slow the spread of the virus, including:
· Extending spring break for a week;
· Disinfecting the campuses;
· Communicating with parents and staff about possible exposures and encouraging self-quarantining;
· They are also setting up several sites where children under 18 can receive food packages starting Monday. Please see distribution sites above.
Our 100 Women of Sunnyvale organization with the support of Riddell Plumbing is also stepping up to help those who can’t get out and about to get supplies or need financial assistance. To request help, please see their FORM attached here, call 972-679-2184, or email them at email@example.com. To learn more about their efforts, watch this video.
Blessings to you and your family,
Mayor Saji George
Having Issues With Accessibility With This Communication? Contact Us!
The mission of Sunnyvale ISD is to engage, equip and empower all learners for life-long success.
Sunnyvale Raiders Rise!