PHS Field Hockey Fall 2021 Season
Messages and Updates...
Happy Summer everyone! It's that time of the year again! I know its only been 4 months since the "season ended" and this has been the shortest off season ever, but tryouts are coming up the week of August 9th. The schedule is below. Please note these times may change as we get closer to August. We are working around to accommodate all other activities and I am trying to use the turf as much as possible. I will post any additional information or changes on the website. http://powayfieldhockey.com/
The no contact period starts tomorrow July 15th thru July 29th. The coaches can not have any communication with the players, potential players or families during this time period. If you email, text or call I will not be able to respond. However, I will be reading my messages and will respond after the dead period.
Please remember to get your players physicals and ticket-to-play. The Athletic Secretary, Christina Fuentes, will be back in the office to collect documents and hand out tickets-to-play starting on Monday, July 26th. Here is the link to the documents for the ticket-to-play
1. Due to the way seasons were scheduled last time due to Covid, some of your athletes may have valid physicals, however they still need new paperwork for the incoming school year. This is regardless of the status of their physical.
2. If the athlete needs a new physical but isn’t due for one with their primary care Dr., Christine has been referring them to Dr. Weiderrich who is the Chiropractor here in Poway that charges $25 for a physical. He can be reached at 858-748-4343.
Please have your players arrive 30 minutes early for check in field set up and gearing up.
- Monday August 9th @ 6-8pm on turf
- Tuesday August 10th @6-8pm on track and turf
- Wednesday August 11th @6-8pm on turf
- Thursday August 12th @6-8pm on track and turf
- Friday August 13th @8-10am on turf-
-team announcements to follow prior to Monday
- Monday August 16th practice @ 6-8pm & uniform handout
- Tuesday August 17th Scrimmage v MC
JV @ 6:15pm
- Wednesday August 18th practice on turf 6-8pm
What players should bring equipment/gear-
- Face mask (optional)
- Hand sanitizer (optional)
- Plenty of water-64 ounces
- Work out attire- shirt and shorts or leggings
- Running shoes/athletic sneakers
- Field hockey shin guards
- Mouth guard
- Field Hockey stick
- Optional- jacket or sweater will get cold at night.
- Sunblock to daytime tryouts/trainings
PHS FH Website
Updated schedules, forms and more available at: