Liberty Academy Newsletter
September 25, 2019
Seniors: Josten's will be here on 9/27!
Jostens will be back on Friday, 10/4 at 9am to take your orders!
*You MUST have a cap/gown in order to participate in graduation.
*Your order WILL require a payment on 10/4 (in full or at least a down payment). Please plan for this!
Music Groups at Liberty Academy
Liberty Academy is excited to offer music groups again through the Children's Services Fund! This started late spring and was a hit with a group of our kids at LA. This year, we have the capacity to offer THREE music groups of up to 12 students max in each group.
If your student is interested in checking this group out, please complete the permission slip (click HERE to get it) or have your student bring the permission slip home from school for you to sign.
Please note: Music group is on a voluntary basis. A permission slip on file does not mean your child will ever be expected or forced to attend.
Want to take the ASVAB?
Liberty High School is offering the ASVAB test on Thursday, October 31st at 8am. There is no charge. If you'd like to take this exam, contact Mrs. Streu ASAP (but NO LATER than October 24th) to sign up!! firstname.lastname@example.org
More shot information below...
For any Academy student who is a 9th grader out of LHS...
Attention Freshman Parents,
The LHS Counseling & Social Work Department would like to invite you to our 1st Annual Freshman Parent Night!
Thursday, September 26th
6:00 p.m. at Liberty High School
Topics to be discussed include: Strategies for success at Liberty High School, Supports and services available to students, Planning for the future, Staying connected, and Partnering together for student success.
LHS Homecoming 2019: Animal Kingdom
Football Game--October 4th, 7:00 p.m. vs Park Hill South
Tail Gate the Game--Oct. 4th, 4-5:30pm, $5 w/Activity Pass
Dance--October 5th, 8:00 - 11:00 p.m at Cokely Fieldhouse
- Tickets $15/person--LHS/LA students can buy them at the door for this price (tell them you are LA)
- Out of district Guest Forms are due by September 27th
With regard to the Homecoming dance:
- LHS highly discourages the use of party buses. In previous years, there have been numerous issues with students making poor choices on unsupervised buses. If you choose to acquire a party bus or limo for your student’s party, we highly recommend a parent supervisor ride in the vehicle. If buses or limos park on campus, and there is a concern for student safety, these vehicles may be searched in our efforts to keep all children safe and sober.
- It is the expectation that all students adhere to the LHS Student Handbook and LPS District Policies while at the dance and all other school events.
Liberty High School Year Book Information
It's time to order your 2019-2020 Yearbook!
Don't delay, prices increase after Dec. 31, 2019.
- Yearbooks are $60.00. Please visit WalsWorth Yearbooks to pay online, or you may send cash or check, in an envelope, to the high school (give it to Mrs. Straws and she can send it there for you!)
- Please note the following on the envelope: Attn: Donna Bootka, Yearbook purchase, and Student's First & Last Name as indicated in PowerSchool. If you are in need a receipt, please place a note indicating that in the envelope with your cash or check.
Seniors: Senior Ads for the 2019-2020 LIBERTY HIGH Yearbook are due by October 15th!
Please visit WalsWorth Yearbooks and Create your Senior Ad!
Diversity Festival is coming up!
This year’s festival will be held November 7th, 6-8pm @ Liberty North High School.
We need your help! Liberty Public Schools will proudly host the 4th Annual Diversity Festival celebrating the many diverse cultures that make up our community. We are continuing the theme of THRIVE: Culturally, Locally, Globally.
LPS is seeking those interested in educating others regarding different aspects of their culture/diversity. If you are interested in possibly hosting a booth at this year’s festival, or may know of someone who is, please complete the interest form that is linked below by Friday, October 4th.