Who Really Discovered AC Current?
Nikola Tesla vs George Westinghouse By Brian Dominguez
- Nikola Tesla was the inventor of the alternating current light and power system in use all over the word.
- It is said while walking in Budapest park, Hungary Nikola Telsa had seen a vision of a functioning alternating current (AC) electric induction motor. This was one of the most revolutionary inventions in the entire history of the world.
- In 1884 a poor Serbian immigrant name Nikola Tesla arrived in the United states at the time the land of the free. Though he was poor he was rich with ideas.
- Tesla lived from (1856-1943)
- Tesla worked with Thomas Edison before the two parted way due to a conflicting business-scientific relationship.
- He sold several patent rights including those to his alternating current machinery to George Westinghouse.
- Tesla AC system eventually caught the attention of American engineer and business man George Westinghouse who was seeking a solution to supplying the nations with long distance power.
- Tesla formed a partnership with Westinghouse which allowed the Westinghouse Corporation to supply the lighting at the 1893 World Columbian Exposition in Chicago and Tesla conducted demonstrations of his AC system there.
- In 1895 Tesla designed what was among the first AC hydroelectric power plant in the United States at Niagara Falls.
Inventor scientist (1846-1914)George Westinghouse is best known for his invention and the development of his company, Westinghouse Electric and manufacturing.By 1886 the Westinghouse company was one of the biggest and most successful in the entire world.Westinghouse laid the basis for his fortune when he patented his first brake in 1869 and organized the Westinghouse Air brake company. A number of patented improvements followed including the truly revolutionary automatic air brake for trains (1872). He also worked to make all air brake apparatus standardized and interchangeable and later development a complete signal system for railroads. He formed the Union switch and Signal Company in 1882.Spending much of his later life in public service, Westinghouse showed signs of a heart ailment by 1913 and was ordered to rest by doctors. After deteriorating health and illness confined him to a wheelchair, he died on March 12, 1914. With a total of 361 patents to his credit, his last patent was received in 1918, four years after his deathIn 1895, he began the development of gas engines and built high-speed steam engines designed by his brother, Herman. He acquired the American rights of the Parsons steam turbines in 1896, and made many improvements in turbine construction. Westinghouse was a man with many patents that got him to where he is but it didn't help him the advancement of alternating current.
Only one can be the rightful owner to Alternating current
And the winner is!!!!!!!!
The victor should be Nikola Tesla
All the credit should go to Nikola Tesla because it was really him that improved on the advancement of AC and what we know it is today. Tesla was the one who invented the first AC power generator all Westinghouse did was able to expose the public to AC and was able to spread the word due to being rich already. Tesla should be the one credited because he also wanted AC electricity be available for the whole public which even made him a better person because imagine he could've said that I would only give AC electricity to the rich. In reallity it was Tesla that made the most improvement while Westinghouse only patented Tesla AC generator.