Moana Jr. Day 3!
MOUNTAIN CAST- 7/14/2021
You can change the language of this email by scrolling to the bottom and using google translate.
Hi Moana Jr. campers and families,
Day 3 was awesome! The staff began the day by playing some more games with the campers before getting back into work and rehearsals.
They continued working their way through the script and started getting to some of the shows big numbers like "You're Welcome" and "Shiny". Also, the villager ensembles got to tie dye their shirts for the show today.
We can't wait to have the students back again tomorrow!
Check out our recap video below!
Camp Dates and Times:
Monday, July 12th - Friday, July 16th from 9 am - 4 pm
Monday, July 19th - Friday, July 23rd from 9 am - 4 pm
PERFORMANCE: Saturday, July 24th at 3 pm
WEAR YOUR FAVORITE T-SHIRT TOMORROW!
1. PICKUP TIME - Pickup starts promptly at 3:45. We ask that parents arrive as close to that time as possible so students aren't left to sit with our staff past camp's close
2. DROP OFF - When dropping off your students for the day, please pull all the way up. We ask that you don't park and get out of your cars to bring your students in the building, or allow your student to walk across the parking lot to arrive every day. It can be a safety issue and we don't have staff designated to watch traffic and crossing lanes for students.
3. SUPPLIES - Please make sure students pack pencils and highlighters in their clear bins every day. This is important for them to take notes to help remember all they learn for the show throughout the day.
4. SCRIPTS - Please make sure campers bring their scripts every single day. They need them in order to keep up in all rehearsals during camp.
5. MASKS - Students are still required, per LCPS policy, to wear masks while inside LCPS school facilities. Please don't forget to pack your campers a mask, and extras, when they arrive for camp every day.
6. JAZZ SHOES - If your camper doesn't already have their jazz shoes, they will need them by the start of camp Monday 7/19 at the latest. Please go ahead and order them if you haven't already done so.
Our directing teams and stage managers have been taking videos to help campers practice. They'll be sent out tomorrow. Please encourage your campers to watch them and practice so they're ready for rehearsals every day!
Please make sure that your child has Jazz Shoes ready to go for the first day of Camp! We highly recommend you buy these early. While we will be providing a costume for every student, we do not provide shoes. Please visit Amazon and type in "JAZZ SHOE." They can be either tan or black. HERE IS A LINK TO SOME JAZZ SHOES ONLINE
How to prepare for Camp!
- Your Clear Bin with the following supplies below
- A Reusable Water Bottle that is unique and clearly marked with your child's name.
- Movement Clothes! You will be dancing a lot throughout the day.
- Jazz Shoes or Tennis Shoes for movement.
- A packed lunch that will not go bad (with appropriate silverware). There will be no microwaves this year as this is a high-touch surface.
- A Mask
- Sun Screen - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
- A Hat/Sunglasses - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
Director of Health and Safety - Medication
She will be available throughout camp to help with all of your child's physical and emotional needs.
Pick-Up and Drop Off - NEW PROCEDURES
PICK-UP: 3:45 - 4:15 - Pick Up will occur in front of the Main Lobby. Students will be individually released to the cars to prevent students from crossing in front of traffic.
Early Pick-up/Late Drop-Off
Please do not call us; email is the MOST effective way to get in touch with us.
How do I purchase tickets?
Additionally, instructions on how to purchase will be in this email.
Tickets will go on sale to you on Monday, July 12th, and to the public on July 13th.
If you have questions about purchasing tickets or accessing your ticket codes, please email Ian Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will allow up to 600 audience members per performance so that tickets will be open to the general public, and there will be no limit on how many tickets you can purchase.
Email Communication Always Preferred
WHAT TO BRING
We request that all students bring their materials in a clear bin. No book bags. This allows us to help students quickly and efficiently find materials. Additionally, the clear bin is a great way for students to store things in a tidy way. Would you please not bring book bags to the program? We strongly recommend a large enough bin to fit a folder, a lunch box, shoes, make-up, and misc. Items.
Here is the Link we are recommending from Amazon.
Please steer clear of anything with nuts, as we have a few students with severe nut allergies.