- The form of government is multiparty republic with 2 legislative houses.
- The president of Paraguay is Horacio Cartes
- The capital of Paraguay is Asuncion
- They speak Spanish' Guarani
- From 1813 - 1840 Paraguay was ruled by a dictator who called himself El Supreme
- Almost all of the population live in the East
- Paraguay means River that gives birth to the sea
- Most people are mestizos (Mixture of Spanish and Indian)
- About 90% of the population is Roman Catholic
- They speak Spanish and Guarani'
Plants, Trees, and Animals
- Most of the trees are Evergreen Trees.
- Animals are, anteaters, snakes...
- More animals are armadillos, iguanas, and monkeys!
- They fought with Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay.
- In 1779 Spain ruled a part of Paraguay
- In 1811 Paraguay claimed independence
The World Fact Book.