An Update from Barrington High School - December 13, 2019
SEMESTER 1 - SAVE THE DATE
12/18 - 20 - Semester One Final Exams
12/23 - WINTER BREAK BEGINS
SEMESTER 2 - SAVE THE DATE
01/08 - College Panel Night
01/20 - Martin Luther King Day - NO SCHOOL
01/21 - Screenagers NEXT CHAPTER: Uncovering Skills for Stress Resilience film @ 7pm
01/23 - 2nd Annual BHS Engineering Night
01/30 - 8th Grade Transition Night
02/14 - In-service Day - NO SCHOOL
02/17 - President's Day - NO SCHOOL
02/20 - 02/23 - BHS Presents "Footloose"
03/20 - In-service Day - NO SCHOOL
03/23 - 03/27 - SPRING BREAK NO SCHOOL
03/30 - College Night 2020
04/10 - NO SCHOOL
04/14 - PSAT/SAT State Testing
05/04 - 05/15 - AP Exams
05/16 - PROM
05/25 - Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
05/26 - 05/28 - 2nd Semester Final Exams (tentative)
05/29 - Class of 2020 Graduation
BHS S1 FINAL EXAM BEGINS 12/18/19!
PLEASE NOTE: Some classes will have a project, paper, portfolio, or presentation as their final assessment or the final exam will be administered during regularly scheduled class time so those courses will not be listed on the chart.
Important information for finals week:
- Cafeteria will be open during finals from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm for grab and go food only.
- All hallways are closed during finals.
- Students will NOT be released before the end of the testing period.
- NO CELL PHONES are allowed in the testing rooms. Please have students leave cell phones at home or in their locker.
- Testing center is open during each final exam period for students who miss an exam due to an excused absence (illness).
- If a student has 2 exams scheduled at the same time or 3 exams in one day, please notify the teacher to make arrangements for taking the final in the testing center.
- Final exam day, time and location can be found on the Infinite Campus portal, under assignments.
- Students with extended time should communicate with their case manager about their schedules.
- Busses will run at their regular scheduled time in the morning and depart from school at 3:00 pm .
Below is the schedule for the three days designated as final exams days.
6 WAYS TO RELIEVE STUDENT STRESS DURING FINALS WEEK
- Get a good night's sleep! It is important to get 8 - 10 hours of sleep in order to be rested and energized while studying and taking tests.
- Take breaks! Whether it is going for a quick run, grabbing a snack, or watching an episode of a favorite show, study breaks are important for good mental health.
- Make a playlist of music to get in the zone. (Classical music has been shown to help students retain information whole studying.)
- Ask for help! Don't be afraid to reach out to peers or teachers if your child is struggling.
- Eat balanced meals. Not being hungry will help with focus. Stick to water and herbal tea so sleeping will not be an issue.
- Plan something fun after the last final; anything from going to see a movie to treating yourself to ice cream. Having something to look forward to is a great motivator!