Lead Team Update
June 21, 2018
From Deputy of School Leadership: Connie Isabell
As we mentioned during the Leadership Retreat earlier this month; we are hosting a Leadership Retreat that will be held July 17-19 2018 which will include your Assistant Principals. It will be an overnight event held at Tanglewood Resorts on beautiful Lake Texoma with expenses covered. You can review the location by following this link Tanglewood Resort.
A brief overview of the schedule is as follows:
- July 17-Purple Feeder Pattern (including CLC) Assistant Principals & Principals Overnight Stay.
- July 18-Blue Feeder Pattern (including BRJ CTE) Assistant Principals & Principals arrive for combined district leadership meeting at 8:00 A.M.
- July 18-Purple Feeder Pattern Assistant Principals & Principals leave at approx 4:00 P.M.
- July 18-Blue Feeder Pattern Assistant Principals & Principals overnight Stay.
- July 19-Blue Feeder Pattern Assistant Principals & Principals leave at approx 12:00 P.M.
Principals will be rooming on their own, but Assistant Principals must room together. Assistant Principals should complete this Retreat Roommate Request by July 9, 2018 or a roommate will be assigned to them. If someone has a medical condition that will not allow them to share a room please contact Ms. Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that some of the Assistant Principals are off contract during this period, and if they choose to participate in this dynamic leadership event, we will provide them an earned off day to use during the school calendar year with Principal approval of the date.
We will have a School Bus available for transportation, but you are welcome to drive your own vehicle at your own expense. The drive is approximately 2 hours from 512 Peach St. To sign up to ride the school bus follow this link Retreat School Bus Request
Attire during working hours will be business casual, except July 18 in which we will provide a retreat T-Shirt that can be worn with casual bottoms. Follow this link to sign up for your T-shirt size by June 28, 2018 . Retreat T-Shirt Request
The district has a relaxing after work activity planned for you each night of the overnight stays that will conclude at approx 8:30 P.M.
Calendar invites will be sent out today that will keep you updated with information. We look forward to sharing this time in fellowship with you.
A MESSAGE FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY: Jerry Allen
Summer Technology Coverage:
Technology will have coverage available over the summer break. Please contact the help desk @ 817.297.5873 if you need assistance.
Please make sure someone at your campus is completing a work order to pick up technology that has been turned in for the summer. A technician will be there asap to pick it up. Also, if you have ewaste (technology that can no longer be used or is broken beyond repair) please complete a work order as well.
All textbooks will be input into Skyward and checked out from Skyward from this point forward. TIPWEB will not be utilized moving forward. All questions about this process should be directed to Amy Ashton, 682.301.2245. She will offer support and training for all AP’s and others that require assistance. Training for AP’s from Skyward representatives will be on 7/19, Elementary in the AM (9:00-11:30) @ Bess Race Elementary and Secondary in the PM (1:00 – 3:30) @ Summer Creek Middle School.
We will be moving to Skyward Tardy Kiosk for tardy solution for Secondary (intermediate – high schools) campuses. This solution will automatically update attendance within Skyward and print a tardy receipt for the student. We will be purchasing the scanners and printers as follows: 3 each for the High Schools, 1 for each 9th Grade, Middle School and Intermediate, and 4 for the CTE Center (1 for each campus that is served by the CTEC). These will be coming to your campus after the summer break and installation, training, and support provided prior to school starting. Please watch “Happy Friday” for dates.
· Friday, June 22nd - Rollover for the 2018-19 school year will occur – ALL DAY. This is an all-day process and work could be lost while working in the system. Only Skyward Student will be affected by this process. Skyward Finance and HR will still be operational and available for use, as well as all other systems.
· Friday, June 29th – Updates to the servers will be conducted throughout the weekend. ALL Skyward products, Student, HR, and Finance will be unavailable during this much needed security update installation. Thank you for your patience.
· Attached is a spreadsheet that we need to have you or your secretary complete and send to Tonya Smith in PEIMS. This spreadsheet will tell us pertinent information regard levels of access to give to all staff listed and also allow us time to create TEA accounts needed for PEIMS information. To complete, please:
o Find your campus
o Complete each column for each position
o Return to PEIMS, Tonya Smith, by July 27th.
Message from Anthony Kirchner, Executive Director of Communications and Marketing
Reminder - Updated Board Policy: GKE (LOCAL) – Patriotic Societies on Campus
With recent changes in state law, we are required to allow patriotic organizations/societies in our schools to speak to students for up to 10 minutes during the regular school day. The Board has approved GKE(LOCAL) to provide guidance on how to handle these requests. That policy is attached.
Elementary principals: In regards to this, we have received a request from the Boy Scouts of America to promote their program on your campuses. Chip Blomgren with the Boy Scouts, will be reaching out to you to set up times to come to your school for students to learn about the organization. The Boy Scouts and I have discussed and agreed that while we want to honor the opportunity for patriotic organizations to visit, we can not allow disruptions to the learning time.
Please let me know if you have any questions.