Hereford High Virtual Open House
Welcome Class of 2025. Join us for a look at your future.
Hereford High School is a Title 1 school:
Title I, Part A – Improving Basic Programs Operated By Local Educational Agencies—of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015, provides supplemental funding to state and local educational agencies to acquire additional education resources at schools serving high concentrations of students from low-income homes. These resources are used to improve the quality of education programs and ensure students from low-income families have opportunities to meet challenging state assessments.
YOUR HEREFORD HIGH SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS
Principal Richard Sauceda. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021/2022 Freshman Assistant Principal, Ms. Stacie Jones. Email: email@example.com
2021/2022 Junior Assistant Principal, Mr. Pete Rodriguez
2021/2022 Senior Assistant Principal, Ms. Violeta Valdez
HHS INCENTIVE WEEK
Click above to learn more (music: "Vision & Voice" by Alec Koff)
Counselor for students whose last name begins with A-F
Counselor for students whose last name begins with G-O
Counselor for students whose last name begins with P-Z
Counselor at Hereford Center for Accelerated Learning (HCAL)
College Readiness Coach
PLAN YOUR FUTURE WITH THE HEREFORD HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELORS' WEBSITE
You can learn about:
- courses offered
- graduation plans / requirements
- help in choosing a career
- planning and paying for college
- crisis information
- and much much more
For more information, click here to visit our page.
HEREFORD HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRAR
- Enroll the student once online registration has taken place
- VOE (Verification of Enrollment)which is necessary for:
- Public Notary
- Student and Family access for Skyward
- Updating phone/address changes
- Withdraw from HHS
HEREFORD HIGH ATTENDANCE OFFICE
Welcome from the Attendance Office
Before School: 8:00
During your lunch
After School until 4:30
We cannot see students who come to the office during class WITHOUT a valid pass from their current teacher.
We look forward to working with you.
Students: We invite you to patricipate in this important step to becoming an adult by taking responsibility for this issue.
What you need to know about attendance at HHS
- Attendance will affect your academic record AND your grades.
- The student is responsible for his/her attendance. Check your attendance regularly.
- You will have 3 days clear up any absence (parent note, doctor's note, etc).
- You have 5 days to clear up any absence entered by a teacher by mistake.
- Only 7 absences can be cleared by a parent note per semester then you MUST have a doctor's note.
- Be on time to every class. If you are not in the room when attendance is taken, you will be marked absent.
- You can be marked truant if you leave campus without permission.
Consequences for poor attendance
- Poor attendance is noted as 9 or more absences in one semester.
- You will not be able to obtain a VOE for driver's permit if your attendance was considered poor during the previous semester.
- Excessive unexcused absences will cause you to lose credit for courses and you could be held back or have to take credit recovery.
- Poor attendance can result in parent conferences, ISS, failure of classes, notification made to the truancy officer, withdrawal from school and charges filed against you and/or your parents in a court of law.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: HHS ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS
HHS English Language Arts
Graduation requirements: 4 years of English
English Honors Summer Reading Assignment: LORD OF THE FLIES
- A minimum of 3 credits including Algebra 1 and Geometry.
- Four years of MATH if you plan to BEGIN at a 4 year university upon graduation (MUST INCLUDE ALGEBRA 2)
- A minimum of 3 credits of science including Biology.
- Four years of science if you plan to BEGIN at a 4 year university upon graduation
HHS Social Studies
- A minimum of 3 credits including
- World Geography and or World History
- US History
- .5 credit of Government
- .5 credit of Economics
Spanish 3 (Dual Credit)
Special Topics in Language and Culture
HHS Fine Arts
A minimum of 1 credit
HHS Physical Education
Track / Cross Country
2 Semesters of Marching Band
At least 1 credit
GET INVOLVED WITH HHS STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
BeHerd Speech and Debate
Future Farmers of America (FFA)
Herd Sports Medicine
The Mighty Maroon Band
Click HERE to see the Mighty Maroon Band.