December News and Updates
Portland Circle of Friends & Family Preschool
School Closures (barring inclement weather)
Monday, December 18th - Friday, December 29th: Winter Break - No School
Monday, January 1st: New Year's Day - No School
Santa and Pajama Day - Woot!
You don't have to get the kids dressed for this day of school ~ Alleluia!
Dress your littles in their favorite pj's and watch them light up when Santa arrives!
Thursday, December 14th is pajama day for Caterpillars
Friday, December 15th is pajama day for Butterflies
It's a really easy way to generate some extra dough for our little school and all ya gotta do is get friends and family to pledge to pay you for reading to your littles.
We already have to read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom three times before bed, so GET PAID FOR IT! By FAMILY. It's the easiest way to ask for money.
- Tell your family about it.
- You can even post on social media about it and take payments for it through facebook by setting up and sharing a venmo link. Check it out below!
- Ask for a flat pledge for reading time
- PCFF Gets Paid
- Donor gets a write off
Set up a venmo account and let your friends and family support us through that easy app!
I'll see you at the top of that money tree.
Play Based Education Corner
Most parents have probably heard of the site Hand In Hand Parenting.. but just incase you are busy and don't go looking for these nuggets of info, here's a link to "10 Tips for More Playful Parenting".
Mandatory Parent Meetings
Next Meeting: January 10th, 2018
- Yo Not Attending Costs Us $20. (Talk about a motivator!)
- Second Wednesday of Every Other Month
- Childcare: $5/Kiddo
(Make sure to arrive by 5:45 for drop off so you make it to the meeting on time)
The Spaghetti Dinner Results Are In!
An Impressive Team Effort ~ Thank You Everyone!
- The Net for the Spaghetti Dinner was 1060.00! That's a slight increase over last year.
- The dessert selection was impressive and gave attendees a chance to engage in some friendly competition.
- Tiffany did a Bang Up Job on running the kitchen and cooking. WELL DONE!
- Rita, stellar follow through on the procurement and planning!
- It looks like everyone enjoyed the event, we will improve on this for next year to make things easier on our parent volunteers.