Just the Facts...9/20/17
Live Love Learn
- Please allow some extra time for parking as we will have several visitors that day.
- If you indicated that you would be purchasing an adult lunch please be aware that the lunch cost is $3.50
- Our "visitor waves" will take place every thirty minutes.
- If you need assistance getting upstairs or need a place to sit while you wait for your time to visit please be sure to let us know.
- Upon arrival all visitors will need to check in at the front office so we can get you a visitor badge and check you off of our list.
- Please remember that Friday is still a school day and instruction will take place before and after the Special Friends day activities.
- Our building does tend to get warm especially with hundreds of visitors and especially since it's Texas. Please keep that in mind when preparing for the day.
Thank you for supporting our kids!
We hope you enjoy you time at Lakeside!
Special Friends Day Schedule
Kindergarten visitors will arrive at 10:30 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and an 11:30 am departure.
First grade visitors will arrive at 11:00 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 12:00 pm departure.
Second grade visitors will arrive at 11:30 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 12:30 pm departure.
Third grade visitors will arrive at 12:00 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 1:00 pm departure.
Fourth grade visitors will arrive at 12:30 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 1:30 pm departure.
Fifth grade visitors will arrive at 1:00 for lunch followed by a classroom visit and a 2:00 pm departure.
News you can use...
There will be some changes to attendance collection procedures and policies that are required by the state. You may not notice any of these procedural changes but it is a good opportunity for me to remind you of the following:
- Learners must be on campus to be counted "PRESENT" by 10am daily.
- The TARDY bell rings at 7:40am. Any child that arrives at 7:40am or later will be counted TARDY.
- A note is required for any and all absences.
- A learner that checks out early will have that dismissal time documented in their attendance file.
- If your child goes to the doctor, please bring us a doctor's note.
- Learners that miss due to religious reasons must submit a specific, district created, Religious Exemption Letter. Please contact the office if you need this letter.
- Please try to avoid checking learners out prior to 10am as this may impact their "PRESENT STATUS."
- If your child is arriving after 7:40am please escort them into the building to check them in.
Please be sure you communicate any dismissal changes with your child's teacher BEFORE 12pm daily. We want every child to get home safely each day but we can not guarantee that emails or phone messages delivered after 12pm will be routed as timely as we would like them to be.
Checking Out - Due to the timing and management of learners during dismissal we ask that you refrain from checking out a child after 2:30pm.
Please remember that we have 500+ children that dismiss from Lakeside on a daily basis.
- Some of our learners walk or ride their bikes home. Please be aware of this as you drive in and around Lakeside each day.
- Cell phone use is prohibited in a school zone which includes our car loops and parking lots.
- Crosswalks must be used in our parking lots as well. Not only does it keep the pedestrian safe but it also models appropriate and safe pedestrian practices for our children.
- Please be aware of cars in our lots. Please park in parking spots and not along the driveway.
We hope that this attention to detail will keep all of our kids (and adults) safe in and around our campus. Thank you!
Middle and High School Only!
- All start times at Lakeside will remain the same
Effective Wednesday, September 20th, Coppell ISD’s middle school and high school campuses will have a new start time. In light of the ongoing challenges with bus transportation and in an effort to ensure all our students arrive to school on time, CISD has made the decision to change start times at all middle school campuses and our high school campuses. There are no changes to end-of-school dismissal times.
New start times effective Wednesday, September 20th are as follows:
- All Middle Schools: 8:10am
- Coppell High School: 8:40am
- New Tech High @ Coppell: 8:40am
In case you missed it or if you want quick access to it.
Here is the PTO Newsletter Link.
We love and appreciate our campus volunteers. Please remember to complete the
Volunteer Background Check if you are planning on offering your support as a volunteer this year. Please note that the background check must be completed every year.
Thank you for your partnership!
*Please note dates will be added and some may be changed as necessary
22) Mark your calendars for Special Friend's Day!
2-4) 5th grade trip to Allaso Ranch
6) Conference Day
- School will not be in session but kids will join parents for their conference time. Please keep an eye open for information from your child's teacher regarding their process for the day.
9) No School - "Fair Day"
11) CHS Homecoming Parade (Lakeside will have a float)
13) End of the First Nine Weeks
17) First grade field trip
19) Third grade program at 8am and 6pm
20) Report Cards will come home
23) Picture Day
23-27) Red Ribbon Week Events (more information will be coming soon)
- 24th Red Ribbon Walk
- 27th Red Ribbon Assembly
31) Scarecrow Parade for Kindergarten
2) First grade program at 8am and 6pm
10) Dads Club Campout
13-17) Book Fair Week (more information will be coming soon)
20-24) Thanksgiving Week - No School
30) Picture Retakes