Mosaica Online Happenings
June 10-14 2013
Staff Spotlight- What are YOU most looking forward to?
- Autumn McKay - decorating a baby's room... YES Autumn is expecting her 1st child on December 15th!!!!!
- Wendee Kennedy - spending time with her very own "little people"
- Molly Ward - all the adventures with my family, planned and unplanned, that summer provides!
- Karen Stevens - spending time with her son who is coming home from Germany and staying for a month before he gets shipped off to Korea!
- Chris Lewis - family time....and no papers to grade! :)
- Bryan Tolbert - family time! Time for dad to catch up on missed time with the kids.
- Kristy Weiner - enjoying time with her daughter and her new addition that will be here soon. He will be definitely be born June 7th if not before. Any day now....
- Amy Pegram - looking forward to spending almost everyday at the pool or the beach with her kiddos!
- Rachel McKay - She and her husband are expecting their first baby in July! Foster William McKay!
- Gabby Bray - looking forward to spending a week with her family at Siesta Key Beach!
- Lori Durham - a Caribbean cruise with family!
- Sarah Zayas - a road trip to Maine with her children
- Melinda Nickas - looking most forward to spending two weeks in Kauai with her family -- totally unplugged :)
*Please keep Elaine Gaughf-Smith in your thoughts-She is currently undergoing chemotherapy - you can do it Elaine!
*As always, please keep Barbara Noel-Williams in your thoughts- she is a WARRIOR in her fight against cancer!!!!
Let me know of any concerns or celebrations within our Mercury family!
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
The Love and Logic Process:
1. Shared control: Gain control by giving away the control you don't need.
2. Shared thinking and decision-making: Provide opportunities for the child to do the greatest amount of thinking and decision-making.
3. Equal shares of consequences with empathy: An absence of anger causes a child to think and learn from his/her mistakes.
4. Maintain the child's self-concept: Increased self-concept leads to improved behavior and improved achievement.
Love and Logic ® Teacher-isms by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
What Is Going On In Other Mercury Locations?
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Muskegon Heights, Michigan
You will receive updates here that will pertain to our students in any of these locations!
- be sure to consult the various calendars in D2L for these locations
Teachers PLEASE be sure you are keeping your D2L grade book updated. Whenever a program needs grades for a progress report, we export the D2L grade book current average. Thank you!
- June 13-18th: Final Exams
- June 13th: Last Day of School
- June 25th: Last Day of School
- June 12-14: Final Exams
- June 20 - last day of school
End of the School Year Procedures & Deadlines...
See below for important information regarding closing out the school year.....:)
Week of June 10th:
I. Calendar Events:
A. Thursday, June 13th: CA - Math & World Languages Exams (MS & HS)
B. Friday, June 14th: CA – Language Arts & Science Exams (MS & HS)
C. Friday, June 14th: CA – All PSAPS should be complete in Alpine
A. Continue updating your gradebook
B. Continue following up with the parents of failing students.
C. Continue completing the Q4 PSAP final entries for each student
Online Paragon Nights!
Tuesday June 11, 2013 @ 8:30 p.m. Eastern
The event will be facilitated by Hadar Goldberg & Gabby Bray!