Troop E226 Weekly Update
Click on the link below to sign-up if you haven't already.
11/07- Students will continue the ELA Assessment (This will be over the course of 2-3 days to spread it out)
11/07- Primo's Dine Out, all day! To benefit DPS music program: Click on the link to download the flyer
11/08-11/18- School Book Fair- You can access all of the details, including schedule and flier, HERE.
11/11- No School- Holiday
11/14- No School- Parent/Teacher Conference- Sign Up Here!
11/15-11/18- Shortened day with lunch served. Grades 1-5 school hours: 8:15 am-12:55.
Monday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Tuesday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
Thursday: Music (10:00-10:40)
Friday: P.E. (10:00-10:40)
This Week in the Classroom...
We will be wrapping up animal adaptions this week and finishing up by taking the Interim.
- Writing: Students will continue working on informative writing based on the unit of study (Animal Adaptations). They will start writing their Informational piece based on the article "Caterpillar Self-Defense."
- Reading Comprehension: to identify the main idea and key details of an informational text, to inference using clues from the text and to use context clues to better understand unknown words.
- Word Study: Closed Syllable Patterns
- Math: Students have been working on multiplication and the idea that it is putting different items into equal groups. They are learning about different strategies to show their understanding of multiplication: arrays, grouping, repeated addition. They have also learned about the connection patterns and skip-counting have with multiplication. Next week, students will be reviewing the different strategies and making the connection between addition and multiplication. Students will be introduced to division through the use of exploration by having to find the connection division and multiplication have to one another.
- Engineering : Next week, students will become experts in specific engineering careers. They will be learning more about what specifically engineering is and what each job specializes in. They will then present their information to the class, so that each student has an understanding of different engineering careers and their importance in the world.