"Unlock the Treasure in Every Child" - April 25, 2022
This week we are focused on the character strength of Connection and Purpose
Connection/purpose gives individuals the sense that they are put on this earth for a reason and that they are somehow connected with humanity or the universe. People who possess a sense of purpose believe that they were put on earth for a reason. That reason can have all kinds of variety. It could be to create a unique invention, to bring joy through art or music, or to raise their children to become good people. These people have a true calling.appreciation, connection/purpose, gratitude, hope, and humor.
The parent virtue of connection and purpose is Transcendence. These strengths allow people to rise above their troubles and find meaning in the larger universe. Strengths of transcendence are appreciation of beauty and excellence, connection/purpose, gratitude, hope/optimism, and humor.
Use these quotes, videos and character card to discuss the character strength with your children.
"Each one of us can make a difference. Together me make change." ~Barbara Mikulski
"Everyone has a purpose in life and a unique talent to give to others." ~ Kallam Anji Reddy
August 2020-April 2021Check out the P2 for Families website, which contains 1 quote, 1 video, and 3 questions for your family to discuss. This is designed to be easy for parents to use to lead conversations around the importance of character strengths and positive relationships. It is differentiated for grades Pre-K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Most of these webpages are password protected and the password (very simple) is: P2
Today is the LAST DAY - Square 1 Art
Don’t forget to order cool gifts for that family and friends! With over 40 unique and useful keepsakes to purchase during the Square 1 Art fundraiser, your child’s artwork is the perfect gift for any occasion. Nothing says “you’re loved” like, “I made this art keepsake just for you!”
It’s the final days of the fundraiser, so don’t delay. The school benefits with every order!LAST DAY TO ORDER: 4/25/2022
Check out the website: https://shop.square1art.com/shop
Please help fill our Makerspace!
Please help stock our library Makerspace cart! Makerspace activities allow students to make, create, learn, and explore using a variety of materials and/or technology. Please consider donating items to stock our new cart.
**All grade levels– a handful of random Legos (if your kids won’t notice them missing)
Kindergarten- play doh, modeling clay, paper or plastic grocery bags, duck tape
1st grade- fabric, felt, foil, saran wrap, wax paper, plastic easter eggs
2nd grade- beads, buttons, googley eyes, straws
3rd grade- cups of various sizes (paper, plastic, foam), pipe cleaners, twist ties, plastic bread bag clips
4th grade- popsicle sticks, tissue paper, clothes pins, cardstock
5th grade- string, yarn, ribbon, wire, recycled plastic containers (margarine tubs, spice jars, etc.)
2022-23 Kindergarten registration is OPEN! Your child must turn 5 by August 31 to be eligible to enroll. Please visit the website below for information on how to enroll. You must start the process at your base school. You may request a transfer to Buckhorn Creek February 25 - March 11 if you will be coming from another base school.
Parent Cafeteria Support
- April 11-15 - Spring Break
- April 28 - Spirit Night - Bruster's Ice Cream Truck
- May 2 - No School - Teacher Work Day
- May 4 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Maynor, Schaible, Dietrich, Buzzerio
- May 6 - Spirit Day: Wear your Teacher's favorite color
- May 10 - Interim Report Cards sent home
- May 17 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Carroll, Thurow, Kelaher
- May 18 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Magee, Pozcontek, McCoy, Ellis
- May 19 - 2nd Grade Science Fun In-House Field Trip -Dimov, Mosco, McMahon, Olds
- May 27 - EOG Testing -Grades 3,4,5 Reading
- May 30 - No School - Memorial Day
- June 1 - EOG Testing -Grades 3,4, and 5 Math
- June 2 - Grade 5 Science and Grade 3 Read to Achieve
- June 8 - Salamanders Spirit Night - More info to come
- June 10 - 5th Grade Drive Thru Celebration -10am
- June 10 - Last day of school
- June 10 - Report Cards sent home