Henry Hawk News
Week of January 18, 2022
A Message From The Principal
Dear Henry Hawk Families,
I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful 3-day weekend. Although the weather is cold it's nice to have that extra day to relax and spend time with family and friends.
Monday, January 17th, was the day of observance for Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. It’s been 54 years since his assassination in Memphis, TN. There is a quote that I recently read that made me think about the work of our teachers and staff here at Henry. I believe this quote is timely and, hopefully, inspires you to continue to fight for equity for all our students.
There were many new guidelines and protocols that came from the recent CTU/CPS agreement and they have been discussed with our Safety Committee last week. We had many new members join our committee and are thankful for their support in making our school as safe as possible. This committee will meet weekly for the next few weeks to ensure that everything we need to implement is done so efficiently so that we keep our students and ourselves safe.
Since our return, we have had a number of positive cases increase where classrooms with the reported positive cases had unvaccinated students switch to remote. If your child is vaccinated, please be sure that the main office has received a copy of the vaccination card.
Here are a couple of reminders:
- After School Programs through CSI will begin on Monday, January 24, 2022. Further information will be provided the week of January 18th.
- If you have not signed up your child for Covid Testing, please do so following the link below in our newsletter.
- ACCESS will begin this week and STAR360 testing continues this week.
- This Monday, January 17th is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. There will be no classes.
- The end of the 2nd Quarter will be January 27th. There will be no school on January 28th as that will be a Teacher Institute Day.
- Our scheduled Teachers vs. Students Basketball Fundraiser has been postponed until March.
- Any visitors in the building will need to sign in at the front desk by the main office and receive a visitor's pass. Please be sure to have a Drivers License on hand.
Testing Tuesday, January 18th, COVID-19 Testing will be taking place at Henry from 1:00 pm to 3:15 pm. If you have not registered previously, please register in the link above.