September 22, 2020
2020-21 Student Calendar Changes Reminder
USDA Provides Free Breakfast & Lunch for All Students
The United States Department of Agriculture, also known as the USDA, is providing community meals between now and the end of the school year or for as long as the funding lasts. This is to help families who are facing food shortages because of the ongoing pandemic.
Any Millard student or family member ages 1-18 can receive the meals free of charge whether they are physically in school, participating as a remote learner, or are another child in the household. No paperwork or free/reduced meal forms are necessary to receive a free breakfast and lunch.
Students who are in the building will continue their normal meal procedures in the cafeteria. A curbside order form can be filled out for children who are not physically in school. Please note that the order form must be completed by 9:00 a.m. the day of pick-up. Also meals for all your children, regardless of grade level or age, can be picked-up from the selected school site between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday. To see the menu and fill in the form, please click here and then look under 'Free Community Meals.'
A la carte items like extra milk, snacks and C-Store purchases are not covered by the USDA, and children will need money in their account if they wish to purchase any of those items.
Any money spent on reimbursable breakfast and/or lunch items since September 1st has been credited back to your student’s meal account. Your My School Bucks account should show a credit.
Millard Receives EVERFI Champion Seal Designation for Commitment to Whole-Child Education
The honor is provided by EVERFI, a digital education organization focused on helping educators address the most challenging issues affecting society, including financial literacy, social-emotional learning, health and wellness, inclusion, and college and career readiness. Fewer than five percent of districts across the nation earn the EVERFI Student Impact Champion Designation.
Recognizing Excellence of Millard Schools and Staff
- Millard North Middle School Principal Dr. Scott Ingwerson has been named the 2020 Middle School Principal of the Year by the Nebraska State Association of Secondary School Principals.
- Millard South's AFJROTC cadets under the direction of Colonel Vance Zider, SAIS and MSgt Matt Schnabel, ASI, have been awarded the Air Force JROTC Distinguished Unit Award.
- Millard's Young Adult Program Speech Pathologist Tricia Gillett is the recipient of the 2020 Nebraska Speech-Language-Hearing Association Service Award.
- The University of Nebraska Omaha recently featured Ezra Elementary Physical Education Teacher Matt Dykstra in an article on their website for his work to connect physical activity with concepts students learn in other areas. Click here to read the article.
Welcome to Millard!
- Candy S. Woodward – Elementary Itinerant Support Teacher for Millard Public Schools
- Heather M. Clements – High Ability Learner Teacher at Wheeler Elementary School
- Elizabeth J. Heftie – Elementary Itinerant Support Teacher for Millard Public Schools
- Kelli M. Castillo – Elementary Itinerant Support Teacher for Millard Public Schools