Primer November newsletter
November 2, 2014
Update from the classroom
This month is bursting with exciting events and activities. I am eager to see the students 50 things of gratitude project. Listed below is a quick and easy read on gratitude that inspired this assignment.
Please take some time to look through the important dates and articles below.
Reading: Comprehension- Making connections
Writing: Functional narratives (How-tos)
Math: Time to the hour and half hour and wrapping up Quilt Patterns and 2D shapes unit
Science: NAIS 20/20 Challenge- What happens when a link is missing from a food chain?
Social studies: Fire Safety, 50th day of school and starting Cardboard challenge
Family spotlight - The Lanyons
1) Summer trips to Colorado.
2) Spending time with Cousins.
3) Playing with our dog, Dixie.
4) Family Movie Nights
5) Being active, whether it's throwing the football, riding bikes, swimming, shooting hoops, etc.
6) Supporting each other in our sports.
7) Grilling out, having friends over and sitting by the fire pit.
8) Exploring and being adventurous.
9) Trying new restaurants.
10) Going to Athens together.
Student Spotlight: Gracie
1. I am 6 ½ years old.
2. I was born at Baylor Hospital in Dallas and my Mom was born there too.
3. My Dad is from New York.
4. I have 2 sisters, Kara and Sarah, and one brother, John.
5. I grew my own tomatoes this summer, and they were delicious!
6. I like doing science experiments.
7. I have 21 cousins.
8. I like to explore outside.
9. I want to be a scientist and a veterinarian when I grow up.
10. I like going to the beach and finding sea shells.
11. I collect rocks and gemstones.
12. I LOVE to read.
13. I am learning to play the piano.
14. My favorite movie is Rio 2.
15. I love being in Mrs. Hogan’s class.
16. My favorite fruit is watermelon.
17. Soccer is my favorite sport.
18. My family goes to California every summer.
19. I love going to the Perot Museum to see the dinosaurs.
20. My favorite color is red.
21. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
22. My dog, Bailey, is a miniature Labradoodle who was born in Australia.
23. My mom went to ESD.
24. Margaret Hohenshelt and I have the same birthday.
25. I like to watch Notre Dame Football games with my Dad.
- Monday, November 3- Fire Safety House visit
- Wednesday, November 5- Math Alive for ESD and St. Phillip's Families at the Perot Museum 6 P.M.-8 P.M.
- Thursday, November 6- Marathon Kids Family Run 7:15 A.M. Lower School Recess Field
- Friday, November 7- 50th day of school- Dress in 50's style
- Monday, November 10- Late start at 10:30 A.M.
- Wednesday, November 12- Pet Smart Field Trip 10:00 A.M.-12:30 P.M.