Advantages and Disadvantages
Of the Articles of Confederation
2. Set up a legislature where each state had one vote.
3. Was able to build and control an army.
4. Could deal with foreign countries on behalf of the states.
2. Under the Articles of Confederation, the government was unable to tax.
3. 9 out of the 13 states would have to approve in order to pass a law.
4. They would need all 13 to amend a law.
5. There was no executive or judicial branch under the Articles.
6. The states suffered economically when each state started taxing one another and hurting trade.
7. Failed to establish a strong central government.