This Week in Our Schools
MUSCATINE COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Featured this week:
- District-Wide Students: Ms. Story's DHH Students at Jefferson and Central.
- Parents as Teachers
- Colorado Elementary: Circa '21 Presents Pinocchio!
- Franklin Elementary: Mrs. Calderon and Mrs. Meyers' Students, Ms. Bloomquist's 2nd Grade Library Students, Miss Huber's Class.
- Grant Elementary: Mrs. Brewer's Begindergarten Class, Grant's Mr. Dan, Mrs. Paul's and Mrs. Cantrell's Classes, Student Leadership Team, Holiday Program, MediRev Donation, Mrs. Spoto Serenades Staff and Students.
- Jefferson Elementary: Iowa Basketball, Ms. Ohrt's 1st Grade Class, Mrs. Manjoine's 5th Grade Class.
- Madison Elementary: Student Leadership Team, Mrs. Foglesong's 4th Grade Class, Mrs. Poppe's 5th Grade Class, Mrs. Langenberg's and Mrs. Poppe's 5th Grade Classes.
- McKinley Elementary: Kindergarten and First Grade Classes, 4th Grade State Projects, Elf Esteem.
- Mulberry Elementary: Mrs. Lowes' Class.
- Central Middle School: 8th Grade Rock Orchestra.
- West Middle School: Mrs. Ortega's Students, Attendance Awards, Mrs. Panther's ELA Springboard Class, Fireplace Reading, A Cappella Choir and 8th Grade Rock Orchestra.
- Muscatine High School: MHS Academy Students, Gifted/Talented Math League, Mrs. Danner's Housing Class, Mrs. Phelp's Yoga Class, MHS Chamber Choir, MHS Work Experience Trainee of the Week.
- Muskie Sports: WMS 8th Grade Girl's Basketball.
- District Staff
Ms. Story's Deaf and Hard of Hearing Secret Santa Exchange at Jefferson and Central
PARENTS AS TEACHERS
Mrs. Calderón and Mrs. Meyers' EL Students
Ms. Bloomquist's 2nd Grade Library Students
Second grade students enjoy playing a library game reviewing the outside parts of the book! They had to crawl, walk backward, skip, or hop to the books, then used a flyswatter to hit the title, front cover, back cover, spine, author, or illustrator.
Mrs. Paul's 4th Grade and Mrs. Cantrell's Kindergarten Classes
Grant's Student Leadership Team
Grant's Holiday Program
Mrs. Manjoine's 5th Grade Class
Madison's Student Leadership Team
Mrs. Foglesong's 4th Grade Class
We had a busy day at Madison. Some High School Choir members came to perform for our students and then read with second graders. Also, Betty Collins from the library came and read to each grade level.
Mrs. Poppe's 5th Grade Class
Miss Langenberg's and Mrs. Poppe's 5th Grade Classes
McKinley's Kindergarteners and First Graders
Mrs. Lowe's Class
CENTRAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
8th Grade Rock Orchestra
CMS Rock Orchestra 8th Graders spent the day on Tuesday spreading holiday cheer to area nursing homes and businesses.
WEST MIDDLE SCHOOL
Students received popcorn and M&Ms for their outstanding attendance this quarter. 346 students missed 2 or fewer days this quarter! Way to go West Muskies!
Mrs. Panther's ELA Springboard Class
Students in Mrs. Panther's class took guesses about how many holiday sweaters Miss Amy (West's Library Clerk) owns. Teacher Librarian Mrs. Bloomquist's guess of 17 was correct! However, Shelby and Vanessa had the closest guesses of the students (they each guessed 18).
Students enjoy reading by the library fireplace (Miss Amy did an awesome job creating it!).
WMS A Cappella Choir and 8th Grade Rock Orchestra
MUSCATINE HIGH SCHOOL
MHS Academy Students
Gifted/Talented Attend Math League
Mrs. Danner's Housing Class
Students in Kathy Danner's Housing class designed models, featuring a variety of architectural styles and periods. This Winter Wonderland display lights up the second-floor hall at Muscatine High School.
Mrs. Phelp's Yoga with Muskie Wrestlers
MHS Chamber Choir
The MHS Chamber Choir visited Madison Elementary on Thursday, December 20, and they performed several vocal selections for the elementary students including "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," "All I Want for Christmas is You," and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."
Following the performance, the high school students passed out candy canes and volunteered in classrooms to read with students or help with other classroom activities.
MHS Work Experience Trainee of the Week
Our team works on improving their employability skills by assisting with the processing of sales and promotional materials that are a key component of Kent's sales team. Kent Feeds has been manufacturing and providing high-quality feed products to livestock producers since 1927. Kent has manufactured its feed products in Muscatine since 1936 and over the years has expanded its operations to include the Midwest and the Northeast regions of the United States.
I would like to thank Steve Payne, Fulfillment Supervisor, and his staff at Kent's Fulfillment Services Department for continuing to work with our students. Jeff Schmelzer, Work Experiment Coordinator