CAMP TIME!!! Computer - Art - Music - PE
Grading and Discipline
• Students will be graded on participation and conduct.
• Red Notes will be given to students who do not participate or are not showing proper Gideon behavior. They will be given as follow:
• Warning – No red note. The student is given a verbal warning and information is documented.
• 1st Offense – Red Note will be given to the student to be signed and returned the next day. Conduct grade lowered to S.
• 2nd Offense – Red Note will be given to student and parent contacted. Conduct grade lowered to N.
• 3rd Offense – Red Note will be given to the student. Parent and Teacher will have a meeting with Mrs. Charles or Mrs. Wachsmann. Conduct grade lowered to U.
• 4th Offense – Student will be sent to the office.
• Students who do not wear the proper clothing and shoes for Music/PE will be given a reminder note. Parents will be contacted and the student will be assigned other work for each subsequent time.
If you would like to volunteer in class or help with projects, programs, or after school clubs we would love to have your support. Contact your child’s teacher for a volunteer background check form. We must have a cleared background check on file before you are allowed to visit classrooms.
From Our Counselor Mrs. Sykes
Congratulations Advanced Ukulele! You will be performing at Toys for Tots!
K – We will continue to sing and move this six weeks and emphasis on keeping personal space (bubble space).
1st – We will continue to sing and move this six weeks and will begin our holiday concert music.
2nd – We are now reading rhythm patterns in the duple and triple meter.
3rd – This six weeks will focus on the recorders. We will use these instruments as another means to apply reading notation.
4th – We have begun our recorders and reading notation using Do, Re, Mi, and Sol in both duple and triple meter. We are starting our multicultural music for our performance in March.
Check out my site. www.gideonmusic.org
1st Six Weeks in Music and Upcoming Events
Please remember that creating can be messy. Students should 'dress for a mess' or bring an art smock on art days!
As always we will be integrating the concepts of science and math into the projects. We will be going full STEAMahead!
As we follow the MISD Art curriculum we are in our second grading period studying The Element of Art = Shape! We will continue to use line in our products as well as geometric and organic shapes.
Stop by the campus to see the 'Only One You' fish swimming around in our hallways.
Please follow the link below for all the details!
1st Annual STEM ART Contest
from the Texas Council for Elementary Science.
2nd Six Weeks in Technology
- Kinder - 1st will create projects using drawing tools and begin keyboarding skills in Typing Agent.
- 2nd - 4th will create projects in google slides and begin keyboarding skills in Typing Agent.