The Bulldog Growl
Week of September 4th
"Reach Every Student Every Day"
Happy Homecoming Week!
We got back into the swing of things and you may have noticed that your child had some homework this past week, too. All of the students should have come home with an AR book this weekend (if not nightly) and I encourage you to try to get them to spend some time reading over the weekend. It is such a beautiful day today that I hope they're outside playing, but if there is 20 minutes they can squeeze in before bed to read a little, that would be great! I am so proud of the kids for their desire to read and do well on their AR tests already this year! I also sent home a Reading BINGO challenge for September, so I hope you have seen that and found a good place for it! Please initial any boxes your child completes and sign the paper at the parent signature spot before they return it to school.
Here are a few notes/reminders:
- Please make sure students have tennis shoes for PE class. We have PE on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Fridays.
- Horizon Health has signed an agreement to work with our school. A letter has been sent home requiring student information for their system. Please fill it out and send back within the next week or two.
- Nita has informed us that for the elementary, Tangerine Chicken will be served without the sauce on it. Students will have the option to add sauce to the breaded chicken if desired. This is a way to accommodate more students that maybe didn't care for the tangerine sauce. Just a heads up in case you have a picky eater at home!
- Please check your child's planner to see if they have any homework for the night or any notes from me. We will circle any assignments that go home for homework! You can also use the planner to write notes to me (or your child) as well.
- If you haven't signed up for Class Dojo, please do so! I post a lot of pictures/videos from our day on there! If you need a new code, let me know!