AP NEWS YOU CAN USE
Week of October 19 - October 23
Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.
NEWS YOU CAN USE
Bus Driver Appreciation Week NEXT WEEK!
Please submit your class cards TODAY!
We will provide a grad-n-go breakfast for the drivers on Monday and PTA is providing cupcakes on Wednesday.
Red Ribbon Week 10/26 - 10/30
- Monday, October 26, the red pledge banner will be up on . Please take your class to sign your Drug Free pledge at your convenience.
- Thursday, October 29, is "Wear Red Day!"
Please sign up on GoogleDrive to volunteer for the Halloween Dance on October 30th.
Please be prepared for the parade on October 30. All grade levels should be represented. WE CAN'T WAIT!!
Please continue your grade level conversations regarding the Pharr ES Instructional Framework in conjunction with the non-negotiables found in the staff handbook.
NOV 18th from 9:00am - 12:00pm: Peggy Goodman and Wanda Mangum will be in attendance and we will meet in the conference room. We will swap Wednesday and Thursday that week.
- Wanda will be reviewing anecdotal notes during her visit.
Guided reading should be fully implemented during 2nd 9 weeks.
- Please reference the "Look For's" Mary gave out in preparation for the second round of observations.
- There are more copies of the "Reading Strategies" book available in the Media Center.
- Please revisit the LSPI below and the implementation plan for ELA.
WOWZA!!! STEAM Night was a HUGE success! Big thanks to Shawn Freeman and the STEAM Committee for coordinating an amazing and engaging evening for all. Rebecca Smith and the 2nd graders were on fire with all their "STEAM" themed songs!
Be sure to check the white board in the mail room each week!
NO Character Ed Students NEXT WEEK Due to testing
October trait = RESPONSIBILITY
- For our weekly student recognition, the earlier the better when submitting names to your grade level AP.
- Also, if you would like to personally write the postcard for your student please let Stacy and I know. We will need it back by Friday morning.
- **The powerpoint with the list of students from each week will be posted on the Pharr ES Training Page
- NO CHARACTER ED STUDENTS NEXT WEEK.
Pharr Superstars of The Month
Thank you for submitting your Superstars! They will be announced next week.
Thanks for a great DA administration! I appreciate your patience with the connectivity issues this week.
Please continue content review with students. The window closes on the 23rd!
- all information can be found on the Pharr ES Training Page (i.e. schedules, manuals, etc).
- material check out will begin at 7:50.
- only 5 people in the testing room at a time. THANKS!
5 Tips for Effective Data Teams
- Laugh and cheer!
- Go beyond test scores
- Data trumps opinion
- Focus on next steps
- Create time for reflection
Please visit the Pharr ES Training Page to access links to important GMAS resources.
DATE CHANGE for the next store opportunity...October 28, 29, and 30.
- students will need to have at least 7 stamps to attend the next store opportunity. This does not include stamps that have already been spent.
- **Any students with an N or U for the week will not be able to attend the school store. This also applies to students who have been to an administrator for behavior.
Please revisit the RAMS statement often and use this verbiage when complimenting students. For example:
"Thank you for striving for success by entering your name in a drawing outside Heidi's office by Monday (this is not just an example...hehe)."
"Thank you so much for accepting responsibility for your actions by standing in line quietly."