The PLP Weekly
Your one stop for all things PLP!
Use the hashtag #CNUDay16 on social media to share with others how you're lucky to be a Captain.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RELAY FOR LIFE!
However - please note that participating in Relay does NOT COUNT FOR SERVICE HOURS! Students can count up to five hours if (and only if) they are assisting Colleges Against Cancer with set up, registration, manning the food table, and helping with the different games and activities.
*Also an approved Passport Destination*
REMINDER: HOURS ARE DUE APRIL 22ND!
In addition to completing your hours by this date, you also need to have logged them on CNUEngage (http://mycnuengage.org).
Feeling behind? Here are some awesome upcoming opportunities:
- March 18th: Two events - Relay for Life (see the note above!) and Greenwood Elementary's Dr. Seuss Carnival. For Greenwood's Carnival, they need volunteers to set up, run games, and break down their event. The information to contact the PTA to help is on the spreadsheet via the link below.
- March 23rd: 2016 Youth Career Expo from 8am-3pm at the Hampton Roads Community Center. This is a great event to provide youth ages 16-19 with an opportunity to chat with vendors from public, private and governmental sectors to gain exposures to the types of jobs available in the Greater Peninsula area. Volunteers are needed to serve as guides!
Check out the Engagement Opportunities document for more information about these events. If you know of another qualifying event you'd like advertised, fill out a Service Submission Form at least two weeks before the day of the event!
Passports happening in the next week!
- Iconoclasm, Pillage, and Plunder
- A Delicate Balance
- PLP and the Real World
- Dr. Donald Lee: Talk on Human Rights (Click HERE to view the flyer!)
- Slice of Business Life- Dominion
- CCP: Internships 101
- On the Bride's Side
- Intercultural Festival
- PLP Coffeehouse: Kayla Clark (7:30pm)
If you're helping plan a campus event that you think would help CNU students connect with leadership concepts in new and exciting ways, then please fill out the passport destination request form.
For a spreadsheet version of current passports, click HERE.
To view a full calendar of approved Passport Destinations, click the button above. Then you can copy events you'd like to attend to your calendar.
*Also an approved Passport Destination
Applications open Monday - 3/21!
Be mindful of Portfolio submission deadlines! For a refresher of the conversation about your "why" check out Simon Sineck's Ted Talk.
Even though you don't have a Success Meeting meeting with your Staff Guide this semester remember that the PLP office operates by an open door policy. You are always welcome to stop by if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to chat. We are here for you!