Keeping Coaches in the Know
March 18, 2016
ELAR Professional Learning
Please remind your kinder and first grade reps to register for professional learning in Eduphoria Workshop. Also, please check in with them about what they are bringing as evidence. The details are listed in the course description.
Please note the change for first grade professional learning. This change has been made in Eduphoria Workshop and teachers who were already registered have been notified via email. Thank you!
ELAR Curriculum Updates
- Writing: The K-5 4th Nine Weeks Writing is now available in Eduphoria Forethought. Writing samples and conferring videos have been added- please share this with teachers!
- Reading: We have created a document that gives teachers some guidance on how to use technology for grouping students based on the cluster pre-assessments; as well as how to use technology to create formative assessments. This document will be linked in cluster 7, however we wanted you to have it now. Please review Tools for Grouping Students and Creating Formative Assessments.
- The 5th Grade Testing Genre has been added to cluster 6 in Eduphoria Forethought.
New resources being delivered:
- TeachTransform: 4th grade series and 5th grade Measurement (being delivered by Carrie and Tammy)
- Mentoring Minds Motivation Math grade levels 3-5 (please make sure that you visit with Carrie or Tammy before distributing or using these books--we will be visiting campuses over the next couple of weeks to discuss).