Mrs. Roberts' First Grade News
April 4th - April 8th
Here's what we're learning this week:
This week in reading we will work on identifying the main idea. In math we are finishing up geometry 3-D shape attributes and will begin fractions onThursday. In science we are exploring the plant life cycle and beginning to learn about how we need interdependence to survive in an ecosystem .
*Your child received a field trip form today in his/her binder. Please complete the form and send back as soon as possible.
*Students should be working on our Frog and Toad project at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
*** If you are not able to open educational links that I have attached in our newsletters, try to right click with your mouse over the link and click "open link in new tab" OR "open link in new window". If you have any problems, please let me know!
Guided Reading Readers
Reading and Writing
- Main Idea
- Using a Graphic Organizer to plan your writing and utilize while writing
Spelling pattern /ou/
1. Can you shout out loud?
2. There is water in the cloud.
3. Have you found the sound in your house?
Geometry- 3-D Shapes
Plants Life Cycle
- Parts of plants work together to allow the plant to function.
- Plants are made up of parts including roots, stems, branches, leaves, and flowers.
- Plants absorb water and nutrients with roots and make their own food using air and the energy from sunlight in their leaves.
- Analyze and record how organisms depend on other living things in various situations to survive.
- Animals need food to survive, which can include plants or other animals.
- Animals can use plants for shelter, such as birds building nests from plant materials or fish hiding in aquatic plants.
04-08 NRE Book Fair
04 PTA Board Meeting, 6:30-7:30, PTA Room
05 Kindergarten Round-up, 6:00-7:30
08 BISD Cluster Choir Concert
11 National Library Week
12 5th Graders leave for camp, 1:30
15 4th Graders to Austin
22 Spirit Day/ Longhorn Celebrations 8:30 K-2, 9:15 3-5
22 Talent Show 6:00, Cafeteria
25 First Grade Field Trip
29 Field Day
16 First Grade Musical - after 6:30 PTA Meeting
Library Books: Please make sure your child brings their library book to exchange for a new book every MONDAY. If they do not return their book they will not be able to check out a new book. (Our day to return books has changed)
Reader Bags: PLEASE make sure your child's reading bag is sent to school EVERY day. I meet with each group daily and will not be able to send a new book home if the last book is not returned. Also, please know that each book is part of a set so please help your child keep up with their guided reading books. Thank you!!!
Snacks: We have snack everyday. Please send your child to school with a snack. I have a few backup snacks for those that don't bring snack, but my supplies are limited. Thank you!
Headphones/ Ear Buds: Please send to school with your child's name or initials on them.
Volunteers: Volunteer applications must be renewed every year. Please visit birdvilleschools.net/volunteer to complete this process.
Connect to NRE through Remind101. Text 5874e2 to the number 81010
Support the PTA and become a member! If you need PTA membership forms, please let me know.