LEAD Innovation Studio
Vol. 5 - Issue 20 - January 21, 2022
COMING UP AT LEAD . . .
January 24-28 - Spirit Week
January 24 - Current 9th-11th graders Course Offerings and Information Evening at LEAD
January 25 - Club Day at LEAD
January 25 - 9th Grade Enrollment Info Evening, 7:00
February 2 - Early Release
February 16 & 17 - Parent Teacher Conferences
February 18 - NO SCHOOL (LEAD/PHS/PHHS)
NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL
-February 11th is the due date for enrollment forms. It is also the due date for Park Hill Professional Studies, NCAPS, and NCC.
-These are your student's enrollment forms and course selection forms for next school year. Returning the form, signed by student and parent, confirms your spot at LEAD for next school year. If your student is wishing to go to PHHS or PHS next school year, they should let their mentor or counselor know and we can support that process.
-We will begin master scheduling for next school year in February, and will staff and build schedules based off of the course selections of all of our students at this time. There is a process included on the form for requesting changes to the selections your student made in their ICAP meetings. Please request those changes via this form at this time. Please also make sure your student includes alternate choices (also on form).
Thank you for your help and please reach out with questions you have.
ENROLLMENT & COURSE OFFERINGS INFORMATION - CURRENT 9-11th GRADE
Key Dates/ Timelines/ Details are as follows:
Current 9th, 10th, and 11th Grade students - course offering fair for the 2022-23 school year. We will host 1 evening and 1 virtual event for all current LEAD students. Those dates are:
- In-Person: January 24th. There will be 2 sessions please select the one that best fits your schedule, one from 6:00-6:45, one from 7:00-7:45 in the LEAD Commons.LEAD Counselors and Administrators as well as representatives from Park Hill Professional Studies will be available. There will be a presentation and Q+A session.
- Virtual session on Thursday, 1/27 from 11am-12pm. Here is the link to the virtual session.
11th and 12th grade students can participate in a number of different professional studies programs. We encourage all of our students to find the program that fits their interests and apply. You can learn more here: https://www.parkhill.k12.mo.us/families/professional-studies
There are several programs under the Park Hill Professional Studies Umbrella:
- Park Hill School District’s Aspiring Professionals, Aspiring Educators, and Aspiring Medical Professionals applications can be found on the Professional Studies website.
- Northland Career Center: https://northland.plattecountyschooldistrict.com/
- NCAPS: https://www.northlandcaps.org/s/1625/bp19/home.aspx?sid=1625&gid=1
Enrollment forms for next year are due on Friday 2/11 for LEAD and applications for all professional studies programs are due 2/11 as well. We are here to partner with you in identifying the best possible options for your student.
Roles and responsibilities in the enrollment process by stakeholder:
- Students: Engage! This is the student’s future!
- Parents/ Guardians: Be informed, talk with your student, ask questions, access resources and information. It can be overwhelming, the staff at LEAD is here to help – ask your student’s mentor, content teachers, counselors, and administrators about any questions you may have.
- Mentor: Guide the student and answer questions and provide support
- Content Teacher: advise as to appropriate next courses in the content area.
- Counselor: Inform students of course offerings and requirements, review ICAP and course selection for each student.
- Administrators: Support students, parents/guardians, and staff through the enrollment process.
PROFESSIONAL STUDIES OPPORTUNITIES
Attention Current Sophomores and Juniors:
Reminder, All professional studies applications below are due by end of school day, Friday, Feb. 11.
Professional Studies Opportunities:
- Park Hill Professional Studies Information: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bPtQdPNA0OyPAVkin1ZTvbDSaJeF4fuR-SQx-4DzjME/edit?usp=sharing
- NCAPS Information: https://www.northlandcaps.org/s/1625/bp19/interior.aspx?sid=1625&gid=1&pgid=1014
- NCC Information https://northland.plattecountyschooldistrict.com/
- To apply to NCC, email your counselor and schedule required shadow visit and then counselor will send you the application.
PHHS COURTWARMING 2022
LEAD Super Test Day: March 8, 2022
Freshmen and Sophomores will take the Pre-ACT
Juniors will take the ACT
Seniors do not have to report to school
Create your personal ACT account on https://my.act.org/ and explore
- ACT resources
- Practice tests
- Sample questions
- Helpful tips
- Start your student profile to send scores to colleges and scholarship agencies
Thank you in advance for your help!
ASVAB TEST - FEBRUARY 2
LEAD will be offering the ASVAB Test. This test is used as an entrance test for the military. If you are a junior or a senior and are interested in the military, please sign up to take this test. The test will be February 2nd at 1:15. To sing up, see Ms. Rueda at LEAD.
There will also be an informational session about the ASVAB for parents and/or students. It will be a short presentation and time for questions.
Topic: ASVAB CEP Parent & Student Q&A
Time: January 25, 2022 @ 5:00 PM Central Time
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 7981 7533
9th GRADE ENROLLMENT - LEAD
We are entering enrollment season at our high schools which means it is time for 8th graders to start thinking about next school year. We are hosting several information evenings for families in the coming weeks to learn more about high school options.
In Person Information Evenings:
- Tuesday, January 25th 7:00-8:30pm Sign-up
* In order to provide physical distance, parents/guardians will meet in our Commons area, and students will meet with LEAD staff and students in various classroom spaces. We ask people to spread apart as much as possible. Space for this event is limited, so be sure to RSVP. Please note that masks will be strongly encouraged at all times inside the building. Please note that given the nature of this event we will not be able to contact trace.
Virtual Information Event:
Monday, January 24th 7:00-8:00pm Zoom Link
PARK HILL IS HIRING!!
Are you or someone you know looking for a well-paying job that allows you to make a difference for students? If so, join our team of dedicated Park Hill School District staff members. We have full-time and part-time support staff positions open, including nutrition services, childcare and substitute teacher positions.
We recently increased the pay for these positions, and our Adventure Club school-age childcare program and nutrition services positions will get a $1-an-hour bonus twice a year, paid on January 15 and July 30.
If you know of someone who would make a great addition to our Park Hill School District family, please let them know about these opportunities.
Apply here: https://parkhill.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
BRIGHT FLIGHT REQUIREMENTS
PHHS YEARBOOK DEADLINE
If students need a bus ride home there will be transportation provided. Please note: The buses that will run the route from our club meetings will arrive to LEAD anywhere from 4:20 to 4:50. They must complete their elementary routes first.
Remember students can ride a bus home on the days of our clubs. Normally students will load the bus on club days by 4:30 pm. Here are the club dates once again:
Clubs meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. (Unless altered below).
- January 25
- February 1 and 15
- March 1 and 22
- April 5 and 19
- May 3 and 17