5.27.2016 Issue #37
Thought for the Day...
FYI - Stony Brook will be hosting Camp Invention this summer (July 11 -15). If anyone is interested in working the camp or serving as the "site director", please let me know ASAP. For more details on the program click the button.
Star Ship Report
- Congratulations to the Grade 2 Students for their musical presentation, The Cuckoo.
Thank you to the Grade 2 Team and Specialists for all your efforts!
The Grade 1 Musical scheduled for June 13th has changed to 9AM for the school.Schedule will stay the same. Parent performance is scheduled for 2:45 PM.
- Field Day is June 3rd - If you haven't already done so, please connect with Brian to see how you can help. Paraprofessionals who are not assigned as 1:1 should see me before committing to another assignment.
- End of the year celebrations should be scheduled for 6/20, 21 or 22. Please let the Main Office know which of these three dates your grade level choses.
- Great job everyone getting those Ed Data orders in on time. Thank you!
- Kindergarten Count - 48 registered for K 2016-17 at SB
- Remind.com -I'm using Remind to send important updates, assignments, and information for Stony Brook All Star Staff. Please click on the link below to join our class. (For reference, our class code is @kg3f2.) https://www.remind.com/join/kg3f2 You could also TEXT @kg3f2 to the number 81010
IMPORTANT REMINDER - When you are making a "SUB REQUEST" please be sure that you are logged in under your hvrsd.org account.
School of Character
The Character.org website provides details about the National School of Character award.
The NJ Alliance for Social, Emotional and Character Development page contains information about the New Jersey Schools of Character award.
Please take a moment to visit these sites - look for more about this in the final weeks.
- Memorial Day -- School and Office Closed
Special Activity 'End of Day' schedule
4th & 5th Grade Concert 2:15pm
School Safety Committee Mtg. 8:00am
4th & 5th Grade Concert 7:00pm CHS PAC
- Field Day
Interested in hosting pre-service teachers from Rider or TCNJ 1 or 2 days a week? How about a full time student teacher?
Going where no man has gone before...
6/6-10 -- Circus Week
- 6/6 -- Assembly 9:00am (Special Activity Start of Day Schedule)
- 6/10 -- 5th Grade Performance 2:00pm (Special Activity End of Day Schedule) Evening performance 7:00pm
6/8 -- Principal's Cabinet 8:00am
6/13 -- REGULAR SCHEDULE
Grade 1 Play 9:00am for school (Parent show is at 2:45pm)
Grade Level Meetings 4:00pm
6/14 -- REGULAR SCHEDULE
Flag Day Ceremony 9:00am
5th Grade Band/ Orchestra Recital 7:00pm
6/15 -- School Climate Committee 8:00am
5th Grade Promotion Dinner 6:00pm
6/20 -- REGULAR SCHEDULE
School Meeting 9:00am
5th Grade Pizza Party 11:45-1:30p
Assembly - Grand Falloons 2:15pm
Faculty Meeting 4:00pm
6/21 -- Early Dismissal 12:45pm
Next to last day of school
6/22 -- Early Dismissal 12:45pm
5th Grade Clap Out 12:30pm
Last day of school