Come Join us in...
Great Seasonal Changes!
- Life in the ocean depends on the mixing of warm upper layers with cooler lower layers in autumn and winter. During summer (December) there is a thin layer of warm water above the nutrient-rich cool water. Autumn, the warm water begins to mix with cooler water; Winter, nutrients have reached the surface.
- Cycle starts again
Abiotic and Biotic Factors
- Tides, sunlight, water pressure, sand, rocks, etc...
- Producers- phytoplankton, seaweed, coral
- Primary consumers- lobster, mussels, shrimp
- Secondary consumers- tuna, dolphins, turtles
- Territory consumers- sharks, killer whales, and whales
Types of soil- red clay, calcareous ooze(most common), siliceous ooze,
- Hawksbill Turtle
- Bluefin Tuna
- North Pacfic Right whale
- Giant Clam
- Great white shark
- Sea Otter
Amazing Human Impacts!
- To protect areas of the ocean
- Establish important rules to protect animals from extinction
- To keep kinds of sharks from going into extinction, humans help by bringing them into zoos, where they can reproduce and create a larger population
More Human Impacts may include...
- People litering, which can can cause animals to suffer. The animals like to think of the garbage as their food, and they eat it.
- Sharks- People often hunt them and sell them just for the dorsal fins