Newsletter Week 3 Term 2
Patumahoe School 19th May 2021
Kia ora everybody
Mrs Abi Jameson starts with us next week. She will be teaching in Room 14 (otherwise known as the library), unfortunately the bulge in our junior school has meant we have had to utilise the library space as a classroom for the remainder of the year. We do however have plans in place to ensure that our book worms can continue to read while it is temporarily out of action. Unfortunately, the rapid growth in our area and the wider Auckland region has placed a lot of pressure on the Ministry of Education when it comes to providing schools with new classrooms.
I heard that the Patumahoe netballers won the 'Uniform Cup' at the March Past on Saturday. Well done girls, the new uniforms look great. Congratulations to our orienteers who competed last Tuesday. Our girls A team came 3rd overall with Zoe Fletcher coming 1st on her course and Charlie Dowdall and Lara Barton both coming 3rd on their courses. Sam Fraser came 3rd on his course also. Solid effort and thanks to Mrs Hancock for her tireless work with this group.
Dances for Schools is underway. There will be a whole school dance show for families to come and watch next Friday the 28th of May. We cannot give you exact timeframes at this stage because we would like to use "The Cloud" (a recent reference to the outdoor canopy) for the performance with the school hall being too small. However, if the weather is atrocious we will have to go back to the hall for separate junior and senior performances. But please get next Friday afternoon off work either way and we will keep you posted early next week.
A big thank you to TDM Construction Ltd, Searle Group and Fulton Hogan for partnering to complete the new asphalt pathway into the school. It looks great, and is a wonderful example of local business giving back to the school.
Grandparents Morning official invites will be coming home with your child this Friday. You will note that on the invite we have mentioned grandparents as well as other special (older) family members and friends because we understand that each family is different and there are many special older people in our children's lives. We also are happy for grandparents to 'adopt' a grandchild on the day if there is a need. We kindly request that each family provides a plate for the special morning tea. They can be brought to the school hall in the morning. Reminders will be sent out over the coming weeks.
Please ensure your children are in the correct uniform, no pink, purple or striped undergarments.
CALF CLUB CHICKEN ORDERS
Whittaker’s Chocolate fundraiser finishes this Friday 21st May. Please return any money raised and any unsold chocolate bars to the office by Friday. Thank you for your support!
- Disco pre-order forms and money is due back to school by Wednesday 2nd June.
- Disco consent forms will be sent home on Friday 28th of May (these are to be brought to the disco).
NO DOGS ON SCHOOL GROUND
- 21st May - PTA Chocolate fundraiser order close
- 26th May - Book Fair arrives
- 28th May- Dances for Schools performance- All welcome
- 31st May - Class, Individual, siblings, leaders and netball photos
- 01st June - Year 3/4 Soccer
- 02nd June - Year 5/6 Soccer
- 02nd June - Chicken orders due in
- 03rd June - PTA Disco - 6-8pm
- 04th June - TEACHER ONLY DAY - NO SCHOOL
- 07th June - QUEENS BIRTHDAY - NO SCHOOL
- 08th June - Book Fair Closes
- 11th June - Grandparents morning- 8.30am-11am. We kindly request that each family provides a plate for the special morning tea. Drop at hall in the morning.
- 22nd October - TEACHER ONLY DAY - NO SCHOOL