Why Mosquitoes Buzz in our Ears
By Jordan E. Nolan
Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears
This book was wrote by Verna Aardema. It was illustrated by Leo and Diane Dillon. This book won the Caldecott Medal in 1976. The author's purpose was to teach a lesson.
I think this book won because it pictures are detailed and go with the story. It has a interesting plot line.
- The leo Dillon(illustrator1) married Diane Dillon(illustrator2) in 1957.
- Leo Dillon was in the navy for three years.
- They meet at Parson School of Design
- They received two Caldecott Medals for "Ashanti to Zulu" and "Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears"
- They illustrate ever book together in stead of alone.
(*)Why Mosquitos Buzz In People's Ear vs (**)Arrow To The Sun
The pictures are different in how * has pictures detailed curvy and straight lines while (**) has more like squarish art. (*)'s lesson is that a lie can get bigger, bigger and until it comes back to you and you get in a lot trouble. (**)'s lesson is that just because you have something that someone else does't have it does not make you better that person. Both books genres are folktales, those are also my favorite types of books.