April 30th, 2021
Transition to Distance Learning
Since our last email, we have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation within our schools. Unfortunately, we have had a few additional student cases reported in the past two days and there is evidence of viral spread among our student close contacts. After consultation with district leadership and the Department of Health, we have decided to move to a temporary period of distance learning for all students at Forest Lake Elementary and Forest View Elementary. This move will stop any current viral spread within our schools and hopefully allow us to come back to school for the end of the year. Please use the link below with more detailed information.
FLE Arts and Academics Expo 2021
For a second year, we will have a digital Arts and Academic Expo which means student work and performances will be displayed on a website. We are still working out the specific details, but students may begin preparing their submissions and performances.
Arts and Academics Expo is a non-competitive event where FLE students have the opportunity to show off their talents, expertise and interests. Arts and Academics Expo is designed to encourage students to share their talents in the arts and to be recognized for their academic achievements in a variety of categories. Depending on the category, students will either submit their finished products or video of a presentation/performance. Please check out our A& A planning website. Questions may be directed to Mrs. C. Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org
FLE Educational Equity Pledge
To help set the tone of our school culture we have added this equity pledge to our morning announcements. These are the commitments we make to our students everyday.
We value your strengths and contributions
You are respected for who you are
Your voice will be heard and appreciated
You are cared about
We will work to represent you in our curriculum
We want you to feel comfortable and welcomed at school
We will support you to be academically confident and challenged
You will be empowered to achieve your goals, dreams and full potential
We all will take responsibility in creating a more just society
Community Education Special opportunity for Forest Lake residents
Community Education in partnership with the City of Forest Lake is offering a variety of classes for adults and children in the city parks this summer. Due to financial support from the City of Forest Lake, these opportunities are only open to residents of the City of Forest Lake.
Click the link below for details about upcoming art classes and sport clinics for children as well as yoga and Zumba for adults!
Space is limited so please register early!
Has COVID-19 made it hard to pay your rent?
If you have experienced hardship due to the pandemic and need assistance to pay your rent or utility bills, you may be eligible for COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance.
RentHelpMN, www.RentHelpMN.org, is now accepting applications from renters who owe back rent. Eligible Minnesota renters can receive help with rent and utility bills dated on or after March 13, 2020. If you qualify, you could receive up to 15 months total assistance.
Funds are being released in two phases:
Phase one (open now) will assist renters that owe back rent (from March 13, 2020-present);
Phase two will include all applicants, assisting with back rent and future rent.
Please visit RentHelpMN.org to download the renter checklist or the landlord checklist for all of the information you need to see if you are eligible and find out what documents you’ll need in order to apply. Click here for Frequently asked questions.
Who can I call with additional questions? Trained operators are available to answer your questions about your eligibility, bills, documents or to make a reasonable accommodation. Call 211 today.
Translations are coming soon | Hmong: Yuav Muaj Sai Sai No | Somali: Dhowaan Weey Imanaysa | Spanish: Llegará pronto
Summer School Age Care
School Age Care (SAC), for families needing childcare for students who have completed K-6th grade, is available at three summer 2021 locations - Forest View, Lino Lakes and Wyoming Elementary Schools. Register online by the May 1 deadline or call the business office at (651) 982-8365 with questions.
Summer School Planning
We are already planning for Summer School. Below is some general information, with more information to come as we get closer to Spring.
Summer School Dates
- Monday, June 21st through Friday, July 30th
- No school on Friday, July 2nd.
Daily Schedule: 7:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Locations for Summer School this year will be:
- Wyoming Elementary for K-5
- Forest Lake Area Community School for grades 6-12.
Grab and Go Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
At April conferences, the qualifying recommendation letter
including the URL and directions on how to register will come home
Here Comes the Bus
Here Comes the Bus for Forest Lake Area Schools
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
How to get started:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app (available in the App Store and Google Play) or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click “Sign Up” (top right corner on the website)
- Enter school code 38313 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number - Student ID numbers can be found on ParentVUE
- Once you have confirmed your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
- For their safety, we continue to request that students be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus arrives.
- Notifications for your bus are based on a radius and distance away from your bus stop. You can customize that radius within the app to provide the best timing for notification.
- Students who live in dual households can be added separately. One household will be entered with the regular student ID number and the other will be entered with the student ID plus * (for example, 12345*)
Shop Amazon and Support Our Schools!
Help raise funds for our schools effortlessly! Use the link below when shopping Amazon and our AmazonSmiles program will donate to our school with each purchase. Please note that the Amazon App does not qualify for this give back program.