LHISD Board Briefs
May 15, 2023
We had a great board meeting Monday night. We were able to celebrate our students, teachers, and staff members who are great examples that represent the LHISD Vision of Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community. We also welcomed new board member Chris Neighbors who began his term for the next three years. We also made some small changes to the 2023-24 instructional calendar. Please take some time to read about the great things your Liberty Hill ISD board is doing for the staff, students, and community.
-Steve Snell, Superintendent of Schools
Swearing in of newly elected Board Members
Student Champions of the Month:
- Liberty Hill Elementary - Abigail Wisian
- Bill Burden Elementary - Haley Beatty
- Louine Noble Elementary -Kambria McCabe
- Rancho Sienna Elementary -Thomas Griffith
- Santa Rita Elementary - Adele Pollard
- Liberty Hill Middle School - Luke Redick
- Santa Rita Middle School - Christian Buckalew
- Liberty Hill High School - Malory Tate
Student Groups That Were Also Recognized:
- State Technical Theater: Costume Design - Sophie Brandt, Set Design - Delaney Brochue
- State Visual Art Scholastic Event (VASE) - Carson Albrecht, Ava 'Theo' Maroon, Ayla Hudson, and Summer Jordan
- UIL State Tennis - India Young
- UIL State Track (High Jump) - Travon Williams
Teacher Champion of the Month:
- Santa Rita Middle School - Corina Taylor
Staff Member of the Month:
- Liberty Hill High School - Amber Hayes-Trolinger
- Wayne Morgan shared his thoughts regarding disciplinary guidelines.
SHAC Annual Report Presentation 2022-23
- Director of Secondary Education Travis Motal provided updates on the Student Health Advisory Committee to include staff wellness, child nutrition, and parent and community engagement.
Communication and Information Items
- Mr. Snell invited our Board Members to a graduation ceremony for RISE Students
- Mr. Snell provided follow-up information on Budget Process
- Mr. Snell provided legislative updates
- The Board approved the monthly financial report.
- The Board approved the purchase of MAP Growth Universal Screeners as presented
- The Board approved the purchase of iStation Reading Language Arts Universal Screener and Supplemental Instruction Resource for PreK-eighth grade as presented
- Enrollment. 8,040 students as of Friday, May 12, 2023 report
- The Board approved the Bank Depository Contract as presented
- The Board approved transferring the 2021 Bond Project Budget as presented
- The Board authorized the issuance of the District's unlimited tax school building bonds, Series 2023; levying an ad valorem tax for the payment of the bonds; delegating the authority to district staff to approve and execute documents related thereto; and other matters in connection therewith.
- The Board approved the Food Service Management Company Contract for 2023-24.
- The Board approved the Revised 2023-24 Academic Calendar.
- The Board approved the purchase of playground equipment for Bar W Elementary from the 2021 Bond program.
- The Board approved improvements and additions to the LHISD Agriculture facility.
- The Board approved Civil Engineering Services for Transportation Facility.
- President Megan Parsons
- Vice President Kathy Major
- Secretary Kendall Carter
- The Board approved professional/teacher contracts.
- The Board approved additional positions.
- The Board accepted resignations and approved employing personnel.
Board President Comments
- The Board President nominated Anthony Buck, Kathy Major, and Michael Ferguson to sit on a committee for the naming of future schools and facilities.
REVISED 2023-24 SCHOOL CALENDAR
- Changed days off in October to align with Columbus Day.
- Changed a staff development day in April to align with the Solar Eclipse. LHISD will experience a total solar eclipse for almost 4 hours on April 8th.
Champions of the Month
Anti-Vaping Resources for Parents
Vaping Prevention Resources | HHS.gov
We are Hiring in LHISD!
Liberty Hill ISD. Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community