The Mata Memo
August 17, 2021
Dear Mata family,
We are so happy to have your children back in school with us! The first day of school went pretty smoothly. We are grateful for the responsibility of ensuring our students receive a solid academic foundation and are lucky you chose us to take care of your kids. Regardless of what is thrown our way, we will ensure your children are successful!
Jesse Owens stated. "We all have dreams, but in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
We here at Mata Montessori will put in the determination, dedication, and effort for your children!
Please complete the form below:
2021-2022 Specials & Elective Remind Codes
School Supplies for 21/22
Drop Off and Pick Up Information
- 1st- 8th Grade students may be dropped off at the main entrance. Prek-K students will report directly to class, 1st-3rd grade students will report to the gym, 4th-6th will report to the auditorium, and 7th-8th grade students will report to the cafeteria between 7:15-7:30 AM. All students arriving after 7:30 will report directly to class.
- Please drop off Pre-K-K students on the La Vista drive nearest the library. Students will report directly to their homeroom class.
- If you have multiple children, you may drop them off at the site for the youngest child.
After School Pick Up (Updated):
You will be given a carpool sign to use at pick-up daily. Please be patient with dismissal procedures and traffic, as we will be working to ensure the safety of all students.
Prek-K will be dismissed outside the main entrance beginning at 3:05.
1st-3rd will be dismissed from the door by the auditorium at 3:15.
4th-6th will be dismissed at the back of the school near the compass on the new drive at 3:15.
7th-8th will be dismissed at the back of the school near the middle school pods at 3:15.
Students with siblings in PreK-K will be outside the main entrance.
All cars will proceed down LaVista Dr. to the furthest entry past the school building. You will make a right turn into the drive nearest the apartments. You will remain in your car and show your sign to Mata staff. We will call for your child as you drive around the wraparound drive. Keep your child's tag showing until your child(ren) is brought to your car. When leaving the drive, turn left to circle under the bridge and proceed to the traffic light.
If riding a bus, please send information regarding your child's bus stop and location to the teacher. It is best practice to have an index card with your child's bus number and stop located inside their backpack. Bus pick-up is located on the main drive parallel to Grand. Please do not park in this driveway.
We offer After school care through the YMCA. Please see the flyers below for details.
Please ensure that your child knows how they are going home. Inform your child's teacher in an adequate amount of time in the event of any changes.
After School Pick Up
Thank you all so much for your patience and positivity as we work through our new drive and car pool pick up. We decided to make some changes today as noted below. We are looking forward to making our process much smoother and safer for all!
Please be on the lookout! We will soon be transitioning to an App system for picking up students called Pikmykid.
Please see the video below to learn more.
We will keep you posted!
Eduardo Mata Bus Routes
Dallas ISD Updates for Campus Visitors
While Dallas County is in Level Red, campus visitors and volunteers will not be allowed. We will use virtual meeting options to limit campus visitors. All visitors who enter the building will be required to wear a face covering and those who proceed beyond the reception area will follow specific guidelines for visitors.
Visitor Screening/PPE Requirements
Please self- screen before entering any Dallas ISD facility. If visitors have COVID-19 symptoms, or are lab confirmed with COVID-19, they must notify the campus and remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry.
All individuals entering the building will be required to wear face masks.
Visitors will stand behind the shield guard installed at reception desks or recommended 6 feet distance.
Any individuals permitted to proceed beyond the reception area must follow all safety and campus protocols.
Parent curbside pick up of students and materials
Meal Viewer- Meal App
Food & Child Nutrition Services (FCNS) is pleased to announce "MealViewer" a new and improved platform to showcase student menus. MealViewer is packed with new features and benefits!
Meal Viewer provides:
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web and through our mobile-friendly app, MealViewer To Go, for your smartphone.
- Allergen Safety — Create personalized safety profiles for each student by selecting their allergens. Get alerts each time that allergen is on the menu!
- Fun Feedback — Students can rate their favorite meals.. .and receive alerts the next time their favorites are served!
Signing Up is easy!
1 . Go to schools.mealviewer.com or download the mobile app and register for a free account. MealViewer WILL NOT open in Internet Explorer. Please copy the link and paste it into Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.
2. Create a personalized profile for you and your students by first selecting their school.
3. Next, set up your student's profile by selecting any allergens he/she has. Students can also choose their favorite meals/foods. Students will receive notifications every time any of their favorite meals are served, and any time that any of their allergens are in any food on that day's menu.
We want your Feedback!
Parents are asked to please complete the Family and Community Engagement Survey to help us serve you better.
Please visit the following link:
Mata Montessori School's Vision and Mission
Vision Statement: To provide an academic foundation which allows our students to be successful life-long learners.
Mission Statement: To provide an authentic Montessori education by focusing on educating the whole child academically, socially, and emotionally for all children.
Mata Montessori School's Key Actions
- Maintain a climate and culture that fosters academic excellence.
- Improve quality of instruction and student achievement through an aligned Montessori curriculum.
- Actively engage parents in education in meaningful and relevant ways.