State Road Newsletter
Wednesday, October 07, 2015
Mrs. Overfield and Mrs. Hickoff, Secretaries
From the Desk of Mr. Tiemann
BIDDING IS OPEN AND ENDS THIS FRIDAY for Principal for the Day (and other great auction items)!
Would your child like a chance to be the PRINCIPAL FOR THE DAY?!
Tomek has a really fun on-line auction where families can bid (like Ebay) on experiences with their teachers and principal. Mrs. Brizendine, Ms. Chittick, Ms. Slaughter and I have decided to join in the fun, while also raising money for our PTO and classrooms! Please visit tomek-easternpto.wix.com/tomek-easternpto and follow the link to Bidding Owl. Once there, click on the tab for State Rd. and you will see the teachers and ME! You will also be able to bid on FRONT ROW seating at our Christmas Concerts!! Bidding started Oct. 5th and ENDS at 4 pm this Friday, Oct. 9th! Highest bidder wins!
On Friday Oct 9th at 6:30 pm at Tyrone Hills Golf Course the live auction event begins. At the LIVE auction you will be able to bid on items like a ride for 5 to school in a fire truck, private dinner for 10 at The Laundry Room, and much more! Tickets for this event are available on-line at tomek-easternpto.wix.com/tomek-easternpto. Thanks and happy bidding!
Upcoming Events / Mark Your Calendar
Leo's Coney Island Family Fun Night!
Parking Lot & Security Procedures!
THANK YOU to all of our families who are following our new Parking Lot & Security Procedures! Your patience and efforts helps us maintain a safe environment for our students. As we continue to work out some of the nuances of our parking procedures, I am asking everyone to abide by the following:
- Please do NOT Park in the pickup/drop off area OR any other area of our parking lot that is not designated as a parking spot. The loops and the areas of each lot marked with diagonal lines should never be used as a parking spot and continue to cause traffic issues due to people parking in these areas.
- If you are dropping off/picking up your child in the loop, please pull up to the closest car in the designated drop off section. If you are 4-5 cars back and still within the drop off zone, please let your child out to keep the traffic flow moving.
- Students should only enter and exit vehicles on the right (passenger) side! Please do not have your student enter/exit on the left and walk in front of or behind your vehicle.
- Please do not exit your vehicle in the drop off/pick up loop!
The link below will take you to our Parking Lot Map & Procedures page:
NEWS FROM OUR PTO!
In the hope of making our meetings available for all of our families, we will be holding evening meetings every other month. We are going to be holding October’s meeting in the evening on Tuesday October 13th at 6:30pm in the media center. Child care will be provided. Please join us!
40th Annual State Road Craft Show
It’s that time of year again and we need you! Our Largest Fundraiser of the year is our craft show and we need an army to make it a success! It will be on November 22. Please donate a couple hours of your time to help us make this a success!
Let’s get cooking!
ATTENTION! Deadline is Thursday Oct. 8th! PTO is putting together a State Road family’s cookbook! Please consider submitting a few recipes online to help make this a success. Cookbooks will be sold for $7 and information went home with students. If you have any questions, contact Erin Keros email@example.com or ask on FB! Follow the link below to enter. Our user name is: State Road PTO Our Password is: Pepper862
State Road is teaming with Kid President and AGS student Lillie Kromer to participate in #Socktober! We will be collecting NEW socks, pajamas, and underwear for children in the foster care system. Collection bins are in both lobbies. PTO will also be putting on a Sock Hop Pajama Party Thursday October 15th. Check your student’s communication folder for Sock hop information! If you’ve never heard of Kid President or #Socktober, check it out!
Thank you for your continued support!
If you haven’t already, please like our Facebook page!
Fenton State Road Elementary PTO.
The 2015-16 PTO Board Members are:
President – Kathi Hart – 810-577-8337 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Vice President – Erin Keros – 248-535-1094 – email@example.com
Co-Vice President - Kate LeFever - 419-704-3734 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Karen Shanahan – 810-714-9234 – email@example.com
Treasurer – Stacey Arnst – 248-790-7071 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Allergy Information for our Cafeteria
- All food served in the cafeteria in our ‘hot lunch’ line is peanut-free! We are no longer serving any peanut butter sandwiches or peanut-based products. (There will still be sunflower seeds available on the salad bar).
- Our Food Service Department is offering a new Birthday Treat option to all families. Please see the Fenton Food Service website for more information.
- We are continuing with our Allergy Table Option in our Cafetorium. Students with severe food allergies will still have the option to sit at our Allergy Table; or they can choose to sit at the “Red Zone” (which is a Nut Free area of our cafeteria tables) along with a “Yellow Zone” where friends with safe lunches can eat. This will allow our students to feel like they are part of their class and not segregated from everyone, while still sitting at a safe section of the table.
We all need to take preventative measures and educate ourselves and our children on how to prevent the spread of lice. Children should not share combs, hats (including ball caps at sporting events), pillows (at sleepovers), or coats/jackets (especially with hoods).
Children should not 'touch heads' while sitting close to a friend. Children/girls with long hair can keep it pulled back in a ponytail or braids, and spritzed with hairspray and/or tea tree oil. Please also refer to the lice prevention & treatment information found on our website (click the link below):
STATE ROAD IS RECYCLING!!!
We are currently collecting the following items:
Cellular Phones (non working and working)
Food Pouches (i.e. Go Go Squeeze, Squishem’s, any brand, caps included)
Ink Cartridges (all print cartridges accepted)
Juice Pouches (any brand, straws too)
Oral Care Items (toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, floss containers, all packaging for these items)
Tape dispensers and cores
All items can be dropped off in the school lobby recycling bins. Each donation is not only keeping trash out of the landfill, it also earns $ for our school! Additionally, students are now able to recycle their plastic bags and disposable plastic containers in the lunchroom, and our staff continue to recycle paper and cardboard.
If you would like to join the State Road Recycles team, please email your contact information or questions about the program to Sarah Martin-Fanone at email@example.com.
Fenton Food Service Menus!
Please Help Prevent the Spread of Sickness, Head Lice, etc...
Parents: The best way to prevent the spread of sickness, communicable diseases, or issues such as head lice is to take preventative steps at home prior to sending your child to school. Please also contact the office right away to let us know of any sickness or confirmed case of lice that your child may have. For more ‘health’ related information, please visit the State Road website and select “Student Health Info” under the Information Tab. Thank you!
Please visit the "Student Health Information" section of our website (link below) for more information!