By: Laney S ,Sarah M, and Olivia C
Name and back ground of inventor
Inpact of inventions
1. The Wright Brothers didn't have an advanced way to turn left or right.
2. The Wright Brothers first plane was actually a glider.
3. The plane had a wingspan of 40.3 feet.
4.Orville piloted the first successful flight / the next flight was flew by Wilbur, but ended up unsuccessful and it even got slightly damaged.
5. Their first flight using an engine was on a Thursday at 10:35 on December 17,1903 at Kitty Hawk , Kill Devil, Hills North Carolina.
6.The engine of the plane weighed 180 pounds which gave the plane the total weight of 605 pounds.
7.Their engine was called a Piston Engine this had a total of 12 horse power.
8.The Wright Brothers improvised when it came to making the wind tunnels to test the wings and propeller.
9. Wilbur was 36 years old and Orville was only 32 years old when they flew their first successful flight.
Kerensky, Stephen. Taking Flight The Story of the Wright Brothers. New York ;Aladdin paperbacks 2000
10 fun facts about the Wright Brothers. Weebly
60 facts about the Wright Brothers