First Grade at O.C.T.
Highlight of the Week
A huge thanks to all of our O.C. Taylor parents and volunteers for sharing their careers with us today. The students throughly enjoyed it. They learned the importance of obeying laws, how all subjects they are being taught will later be used in life with whatever career they choose, the importance of being brave, helping others, keep on trying, never give up and following your dreams.
App of the Week
Each daily issue features:
* Five dynamic news articles available at 3 reading levels
* Rich and detailed images, videos, and illustrations
* Informative maps relating the user to the location of every story
* News Room for drawing or asking questions about the news
* An interactive history-based timeline
* Puzzles, games, fun facts, and many other elements for discovery
* Audio support for challenging vocabulary and full stories read aloud
* Improved design
*First month free!*
*One of The Best News Sources for Kids - Common Sense Media*
*kidSAFE® certified *
LEADing Digital Innovation Conference information for Parents
An evening of Learning for GCISD Parents:
Please click on the link for more details and to register.
Upcoming Dates and Events
May 2-6 Staff Appreciation Week
May 9-11 STAAR TESTING (3rd, 4th, 5th Grade)~ Closed Campus
May 13 Walk to School Morning
May 19 PTA General Meeting & 5th Grade Choir Program
May 26 Field Day
May 30 Memorial Day Holiday - No School
May 31 End of Year Celebration Ceremony and Picnic~9:45am
What we are learning this week...
Reading- I can retell important information from a newspaper article.Writing- I can use a variety of genres to develop one topic.
Social Studies-I can identify characteristics like justice, trouble, truthfulness, equality, respect, and responsibility for the common good.
Science-I can describe the characteristics of the different seasons and the seasonal changes in weather. (Students will focus on Spring.)