MRHS Orchestra Newsletter
March 2020, Vol. 7
- Monday, 3/2 Houston Symphony Bass Quartet, 6th and 7th periods (Sinfonia and Camerata), FO Rehearsal 3-5pm last one!
- Tuesday, 3/3 UIL FO Contest Paetow HS, 2:30pm Performance at PHS PAC.
- Wednesday, 3/4 3-4pm Chamber, 4-5pm Mariachi
- Thursday, 3/5 3-4pm Philharmonic, 5pm MRJH/MCJH Pre UIL
- Monday, 3/16 3-5pm Sinfonia, 7pm Booster Club Meeting
- Tuesday, 3/17 3-4pm Chamber
- Wednesday, 3/18 3-4pm Camerata
- Thursday, 3/19 3-4pm Philharmonic
- Friday, 3/20 3-4pm Mariachi
- Monday, 3/23 3-5pm Sinfonia
- Tuesday, 3/24 3-4pm Chamber
- Wednesday, 3/25 UIL Clinician in all classes, 3-4pm Camerata
- Thursday, 3/26 3-4pm Philharmonic
- Friday, 3/27 3-4pm Mariachi
- Monday, 3/30 3-5pm Sinfonia Coaching w/guest clinicians!
- Tuesday, 3/31 10:30-11:30am Sinfonia Violins w/Houston Symphony Clinician
String UIL Preparation
With String UIL Contest right around the corner students should make plans for daily practice. We ask that students come to rehearsals with the notes and rhythms learned so they can contribute to the team! Please keep track of after school rehearsals...and flag this newsletter for easy reference.
2020-21 MRHSO Season
We have tons of fun things in store for your student next year including: our annual Ice Cream Social and Fall BBQ, Astros National Anthem with Choir, first ever MRHS Varsity Texas Honor Orchestra submission, Renaissance Festival Performances, Winter Social, Trip to see the Houston Symphony, Game Night, Spring Trip to Dallas, Spring Banquet, Mariachi and much more...
Fine and Fees
Please check your Charms financial balance, we still have outstanding fees from many students in the program. I encourage you to start making small payments so your student is not on the MRHS Fines and Fees list for Prom, graduation and the end of the school year.
2020-21 Booster Club
We are looking for Parents who want to get more involved with the Program and join our Booster Club! We are anticipating some vacancies. Please email Mr. Katz or Booster President Ms. Cude if you are interested.
March Spirit Night at Jimmy Changas!
Please join us for our all day Spirit Night at Jimmy Changas on Monday, March 23rd from 11am-9pm! It can be for dine in or take out, you just need to mention MRHSO when checking out. Please click here to see the flyer, you don't need a flyer but please help distribute this to friends, family and co-workers...mark your calendars.
The address is 300 Westgreen Blvd, Katy 77450
UIL Solo and Ensemble Results
MRHSO students picked up 40 medals at Solo and Ensemble Contest on 2/22 at Katy High School, go Mavs!!! We had several students qualify for State.