GPS Global Academy
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
Hello, Global Families!
It hardly seems possible that summer is nearly over, but the 21-22 school year is almost here! To the families and students who are new to our school, welcome to GPS Global Academy! To all of our returning Innovators, we are excited to see you back in our Webex rooms for another successful year. After some much needed rest and recuperation, we have spent most of the summer behind the scenes getting everything ready, and we can’t wait until we get to see our students’ smiling faces again.
We know that everyone is starting to gear up for the school year and we wanted to provide some updates and information for everyone as we move forward. We look forward to having you join us for our Virtual Meet the Teacher on Monday, August 2nd, but until then, the most important items to keep in mind are detailed below.
Allow us to introduce ourselves!
We have a brand new mascot!
Some procedures and expectations have shifted this year
Family communication will come weekly
Text & Email Alerts
Chromebook Pickup Starting Thursday!
Chromebook distribution dates/times:
- Thursday, July 29, 8am to 4pm
- Friday, July 30, 8am to 2pm
- Monday, August 2, 8am to 4pm
- Tuesday, August 3, 8am to 4pm
Location: GPS Global Academy Office (55 N. Greenfield Road, Gilbert AZ 85234)
First Day of School Information
- Classes will be posted to Infinite Campus by 5:00 on Friday, July 30th. (Any schedules prior to this day should be considered draft form as many changes are still occurring behind the scenes.) We have excellent teachers at each grade level who are excited to have your child in class and they have been chosen very carefully by our administration. Please note that due to our size and other factors, we will not be making any classroom changes based on teacher preference.
- Monday, August 2nd, 5:00-6:30 pm: Meet the Teacher Night for Kindergarten through Sixth Grade: This is a great night to meet the teacher via a virtual classroom visit. On Friday evening, your teacher will send a welcome email which will contain a link to their WebEx rooms. Simply log in any time between 5 and 6:30 pm for a little meet and greet with teacher and classmates. Teachers will share a supply list in their welcome letters, as well as any other information pertinent to the start of the school year. For secondary students and families, Open House will be scheduled for the third week of school.
- Wednesday, August 4th: First Day of School! We will send detailed information about student schedules in the coming days. To plan ahead, K-6 students will begin each day at 8:00 am, and synchronous secondary students will be meeting in the mornings. Asynchronous classes offer student flexibility, but don’t wait too long to get started!
Did you know?
For other information, our brand new school website is a great resource. The easiest way to get there is to go to www.gilbertschools.net and select GPS Global Academy from the GPS Directory dropdown menu. Most of the most important links are immediately accessible on various tiles.
Other information will continue to be added in the coming weeks.