BW HAL Services
A Support System for Teachers by Teachers
Need To Know...especially now!!
- TEACHERS PLEASE ADVISE: Sharing Successful Individual Strategies: Please start the process of submitting strategies that you have used with your HAL students. The form that you need to fill out for each of your HAL students can be found below. We will also email you a form to make submitting these strategies a quick and easy process. This information will then be included in a document similar to the IEP in Power School. This will be an important resource for teachers to gain information about servicing current and future HAL students. Teachers will have until May to submit strategies for each of their HAL students, but please start in the next month so that we may begin to obtain this important data. Thank you very much for your time and for your reflective responses.
- Want to Generate a list of all of your current HAL students? Directions For Accessing a List of Your HAL Students in View Point:
- Directions For Accessing Individualized "HAL Services Information" in Power School:
-log in: first name.last name
-generic password (if you haven't changed it): password
-click on "student demographic explorer" (on the left side menu)
-scroll over to "gifted"
-click the icon next to gifted and select "yes" to filter
-This will produce an alphabetized list of your HAL students
- Peer Tutoring Center: Please consider sending a student who is struggling to the peer tutoring center. This can be an effective resource for students who have been absent or need additional help on a topic. If you want to sign a student up for tutoring, write them a pass in their passbook to room 351 and enter their name and subject to be tutored in the peer tutoring google calendar. Thank you for your continued support of this program.
- NAG (National Association for the Gifted) Conference Notes: The theme of the conference was creating motivation in students. We obtained some very important information for teacher resources and have condensed them into a small powerpoint that can be viewed below.
Click on the link above to open a google form where you can enter strategies you have used with each of your current HAL students. Please complete this with each HAL student you have by MAY. Thanks for your support.
- Gallup will have a speaker here on Wednesday, April, 8, during GPS discussing the fields of Science and Technology.
- We have started the process of meeting with underachieving HAL students in order to help them find success before the end of the semester. We have created an "Academic Plan" that has the students identify their current situation, set a goal and create strategies to achieve that goal. If you have an underachieving HAL student, please feel free to send them to room 351 to seek out strategies to help them improve their academic success. Our goal is to meet with all of these students by the end of the month.
Need help with a differentiation strategy? Have concerns about a specific student identified to receive HAL Services? Do you have a general question about BW HAL Services that we could answer or direct you to someone who can? CLICK ABOVE