African Kingdom Challenge
Caroline, Parker, Jessie Kate, Stevan, Meredith, J.C
Government & Military
Major leaders and accomplishments-
- Ezana: Dealt with rebellions and defeated their rival Kush.
- Loel: Created roads and temporarily freed slaves.
- Mehadeys: Built a dam in present day Yemen and spread the border.
- Type of government: Monarchy
- Structure of government/ Empire management: One high King with several Kings to rule the other cities.
Structure of military-
- Very strong military
- king commanded them
- military commanders could be king if the king died and had no one to take his place
- timber, iron, crops, and teff.
- They used the timber and iron to make tools, charcoal, weapons, etc.
- Teff is a crop that is not found anywhere else. It is very healthy and requires very little water to grow.
- Alenxandria, Byzantium , and Southern Europe.
- Decent because they were always trading and it was usually to their advantage but didn't receive money in any other way.
Division of social classes-
- Kings and nobles
- had its own written language Ge'ez
- ate large flat bread called injera made from Teff (the country's staple grain)
- wore Byzantine clothing