Temperate Deciduous Forest
By:Evan, Andrew, Matthew, and Jared
Flora and Plants
Weather and Climate
- Temperature varies from -30°C to 30°C (-22°F to 86°F)
- Precipitation (75-150 cm) is distributed evenly throughout the year.
- Soil is fertile, enriched with decaying litter.
- Canopy is moderately dense and allows light to penetrate, resulting in well-developed and richly diversified under-story vegetation and stratification of animals.
- The best time of the year to go to the Temperate Deciduous Forest is summer time because the kids are out of school and it has a lots of cool outdoor places to visit and have fun as a family. Also, you can enjoy the sights of Europe and Australia because they have numerous landmarks that are famous around the world. There is so much to do in the Temperate Deciduous Forest that will keep you busy the whole time you are here.
"The Forest Biome." The Forest Biome. Ucmp Berkly, n.d. Web. 28 Feb. 2013.
"Deciduous Forest Biome." Deciduous Forest Biome. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Mar. 2013. <http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/deciduous_forest.htm>.
"Temperate Deciduous Forest Animal Printouts - EnchantedLearning.com." Temperate Deciduous Forest Animal Printouts - EnchantedLearning.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Mar. 2013. <http://www.enchantedlearning.com/biomes/tempdecid/tempdecid.shtml>.
"The World's Biomes." The World's Biomes. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 Mar. 2013. <http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/glossary/gloss5/biome/>.
N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.teachersfirst.com/lessons/biomes/biomes.html>.
"Temperate Deciduous Forest." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 27 Feb. 2013. Web. 01 Mar. 2013. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperate_deciduous_forest>.