a powerful tool to create sites using drag and drop feature.
SUMMARY OF EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE
- Create a classroom website & blog
- Student e-portfolios
- Manage your students' accounts (password protected)
- Homework/assignments online
- Create websites for assigned projects
- Keep parents informed
- All subject areas
- All grade levels
Benefits of using Weebly in classroom
- Weebly makes developing a classroom website easy, personalized and it's free!
- Boosts communication between home and school
- Enhance classroom learning e.g. links to the sites
- Students can share their learning, access resources and connect with their teacher, peers and the world
- Class/field trip pictures
Examples in classroom
More Integration Ideas
Weebly Teacher Sites
Strengths and Weakness
- User friendly
- Sign up for 40 student in free account
- Site could be edited any time after you Publish it.
- You can change theme in weebly after you started.
- Parent Consent for students age below 13
- Limited numbers of themes
- Less customer support
- Pay for own preferred Domain
- Site goes down sometimes.
For Student created site
User Name, cars2424 and password 123456
Assignment for My Students (colleagues)
Select a famous structure (building / bridge) and describe when was it built, what is it used for, where is it, why is this famous.
Project can be presented using Weebly
- Design your website (Sign-in to weebly using your user name/password)
- Make page or pages (e.g. Home, Blog, Maps, Special Information etc.)
- Include information, pictures, audio, videos, links to the sites
- Finally Publish
Tips: View Project Volcano