Pirate Weekly News
Part 1 of state testing is complete! I'm very proud of how hard everyone worked to do their very best. We still have to take the Science and Social Studies Pass Test and we will be finished.
● Encourage your child to do his/her best.
● Provide a quiet place for studying at home.
● Make sure your child attends school regularly.
● Make sure your child gets adequate sleep. A tired child is less
able to pay attention or handle the demands of testing.
● Give your child well‐balanced meals. Rest, exercise, and eating
well are important for test‐taking.
● Get upset because of a single test score. Test scores are not perfect measures of what your child can do.
● Place so much emphasis on your child’s test scores. Too much pressure can upset your child and influence test performance.
● Schedule appointments during testing week.
Our special area schedule has changed for the 4th nine weeks as follows:
Monday - Art, Tuesday -Music, Wednesday -PE, Thursday - Computer Lab, Friday -Media/ Guidance
Please remember to wear sneakers on Wednesdays for PE!
What we are learning this week
End of Year Review
Electricity: Components of a circuit, series and parallel circuits, conductors and insulators Quiz: Friday
Westward Expansion: Manifest Destiny, US acquisitions, Louisiana Purchase Quiz: Wednesday
Reading: Guided Reading Groups, Shared reading: The Word Eater, Reading a text and using text evidence to answer questions. Reading Comprehension Passages
Fountas and Pinnel Reading Assesments
Writing: Writing text dependent responses.
May 20 and May 30 Student Holiday No School
May 31 Field Day
June 1st and 2nd are half days 11:00
June 2 last day of school!
State Testing Dates:
April 26-28 (ELA 26th, 27th) (Math 28th)
May 11-27 testing window for Science and Social Studies (These tests will be taken in the computer lab)