A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of November 19, 2019 (Early Release this Week)
Dear Grant Community,
I would like to take an opportunity to share how grateful I am to be the principal of Grant Elementary School. Not a day goes by where I am not present to the strength of our community, our commitment to students and boundless support of one another. I am so thankful to be a part of such a dedicated and capable group of educators at Grant and thankful for the opportunity to be with your students on campus each day. They bring a commitment to learning and growth to school every day that inspires us all. Thank you for being such an important part of our Grant community and I wish you and your families a wonderful holiday.
Our students give thanks...
Kindergarten Registration Opens December 2nd!
Please visit https://www.petalumacityschools.org/enroll to begin your application process.
If you or someone you know would like to go on a school tour at Grant, please call the front office at (707) 778-4742 to schedule one.
Emergency Kits Needed ASAP
Grant Cares, Donation Drive Underway
The Grant Cares team is collecting gift cards in the office to help some of our Grant families that may find the upcoming holidays a financial struggle. To help ease the burden, they've placed a heart shaped box in the office for gift card donations. If you are in the position to help, they're looking for gift cards to Target, Chevron, Old Navy or Trader Joe's in small increments, like $20 to $25, so that they can spread your gifts out to different families. Thank you for your support.
Holiday See's Candy Fundraiser
Need some great gifts for the upcoming holidays or perhaps a little something to satisfy your own sweet tooth? Order Forms were sent home for the See's Candy Holiday fundraiser. All orders are due December 2nd (right after returning from Thanksgiving break) and orders will be delivered December 13th. Perfect timing for gift giving.
Holiday Shoppe 12/10 –12/13
It’s almost time for the fabulous Grant Holiday Gift Shoppe! This year the Shoppe will be open Tuesday, December 10th through Friday, December 13th. It's a wonderful way for students to join in the holiday cheer by purchasing gifts for family and friends. Be sure to check your Friday folders for a shopping list, gift labels and a cash envelope.
*Interested in volunteering for this fun event? Use the volunteer sign-up link:
or contact Jessica Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Signup Party scheduled for 12/5 has been canceled and will be moved to a different date in the Spring.
- The Jogathon is nearing its 40k goal! The current number hovers just below 37k. It's not too late to donate to push us toward that goal! You can check this website or place donations in the office. Thank you! https://pledgestar.com/grantelementary/
What Has Your PTA Done This Week?
This new newsletter feature is intended to provide information about where the Grant PTA is putting its resources. Our hope is that you will see how much your donations matter and how much they support our students!
- Periodically, new playground equipment is needed. The PTA is buying balls and various recess toys to benefit all the kids at Grant.
- The PTA approved funding to reimburse teachers for classroom supplies, field trip scholarships and office supplies.
- The PTA funded Grant's 1st International Night and stage decorations for Grant's Got Talent.
- PTA organizers are working to put together a wonderful Grant Holiday Shoppe.
- Your Grant PTA is working to get water bottle filling stations installed to benefit all students.
To join the Grant PTA click here: https://grantpta.membershiptoolkit.com/home
- Petaluma Regional Library Resources: * Homework help: free homework assistance for grades K-12 at the Petaluma Regional Library (every Tuesday 3:30-5:30 pm). * Free Tutor.com access with Petaluma Regional Library card (homework, essay or cv review)
Fall Break Baking Camp! Anna B's Kitchen from 11/25 through Wed. 11/27 from 9-1 each day. Kids will make cinnamon rolls for Thanksgiving morning and pies and other desserts for Turkey Day. Register at annabskitchen.com.
Girls United is launching the 1st ever all girls outdoor Spring Soccer League in Petaluma! Starting in March 2020. Registration now open @girlsunitedsoccer.com/SPRINGLEAGUE
- Little League Registration is opening: https://www.facebook.com/petalumanational/photos/a.455332231166977/2835649703135206/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
- Come See Cinnabar's Production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, starring many of our Grant Shamrocks. Multiple dates on weekends through 12/1 For tickets: https://ci.ovationtix.com/35211/production/1013411
School Year Calendar
In the Thank You Column:
Thank you to all of our members who came out to the PTA meeting last week! It's great to have you involved!
Thank you to all those who came out for our second TIDE meeting last week!
Thank you to Maryann Pacheco and Jessica Lewis for all of their hard work getting ready for Holiday Shoppe!
Big Thank you to Kelly Garzelli for organizing the collection of Emergency Kits.
Shamrock love going out to Grant Cares team Elisa King and Stefani Fontana for helping take care of our community.
Mrs. Crysdale and Ms. Beavers would like to extend a great big thank you to the following families who came to our first International Night and shared their heritage. They would also like to comment on how brilliant and delicious the potluck was. We can't wait for next year!
The Whippy Family (Fiji)
The Lin Family (Taiwan)
The Melara Family (Peru)
The Long Family (Philippines)
The Mintalucci Family (Poland)
The Kaplankiran Family (Turkey & Afghanistan)
The Magliari Family (Palau)
The Bible Family (England)
The Groves Family (Finland)
The Borin Family (Luxembourg)
At A Glance
November 12-22 - Conference Weeks - Early Release
November 25-20 - Fall Break - NO SCHOOL
December 4 - Kindergarten Preview Night 6-7 pm
December 9 - Kindergarten Tours Begin
December 10-13 - Grant Holiday Shoppe
December 19- Music Chorus and Band Daytime Assemblies (Times TBA)
December 20 - Noon Release
December 23-January 6 - Winter Break