Volume 17 Issue 31 - Friday, April 15, 2022
Important Dates Coming Up
- Saturday, April 16 - SCE Garden Spring Clean- up, 10AM (come any time)
- Monday, April 25 - Final PTO General Meeting, New Board for 2022-23 7 PM Cafe
- Sunday, April 24 - Best Buddies Friendship Walk
- Tuesday, April 26 - Best Buddies meeting in Cafe, 8:15-8:35AM
- Thursday, April 28 - International Fair 5:30-7:00PM
- Friday, April 29 - Scheduled E-Learning Day. No in-person school. Login to Canvas.
- Monday - Friday, May 2 - 6 - Spring Book Fair
- Monday, May 2 - Friday, May 13 - NWEA Testing Window
- Wednesday, May 11 - Fourth Grade Music Program "The Cloud Spinner"
- Monday, May 16 - Field Day
- Tuesday, May 17 - SCE Senior Celebration, 8:00-9:15AM
- Friday, May 20 - Last Day of School
Please do not drop off students alone outside after adults have gone inside. Safety first!
Garden Spring Cleaning Saturday, April 16
There is plenty to do, even for small hands! If you have an hour, your time is appreciated! No matter your specialty (weeding, mulching, assembly, chicken husbandry, repotting...demolition), we have a job for you!
Bring your boots, gloves, water bottles, and SCE spirit to help lend a hand preparing our green spaces for the growing season! Families welcome!
Please contact Miss Coffman email@example.com if you have questions.
Upcoming Field Trips
- Tuesday, April 19 - Kindergarten to Conner Prairie
- Tuesday, May 3 - First Grade (Lanane and Letzler) to Ritchey Woods
- Tuesday, May 3 - Second Grade (Labellarte and Landis) to AgriPark
- Wednesday, May 4 - First Grade (Bearce, Passon, Michalowicz) to Ritchey Woods
- Wednesday, May 4 - Second Grade (Nolan, Posipanka) to AgriPark
- Thursday, May 5 - Second Grade (Emmons, Yeleti) to AgriPark
- Friday, May 6 - Second Grade (Gropp) to AgriPark
- Friday, May 6 - Third Grade Field Trip to the Barns
PTO Board for 2022-2023 - Please Join Us On April 25th at 7 PM
PTO is pleased to announce the Board Candidates for the 2022-2023 School Year:
Members at Large
Please join PTO for the last general meeting of the year on Monday, April 25 in the SCE Cafeteria.
PTO is an excellent way to get involved with SCE, as much or as little as you want. It truly is remarkable, all the things PTO does to support our students, staff, and school.
Best Buddies Friendship Walk - Support SCE's Team!
On April 24th, the Indiana Best Buddies Organization is hosting their annual Friendship Walk. We would love to help support our state organization as well as our personal Sand Creek Chapter by raising funds to support Best Buddies and their mission.
Please contact Mallory Hackett or Clarice Nolan with any questions.
Fishers Youth Assistance Program Cereal Food Drive
Throughout the week of April 25-28 we will be collecting 12 - 15.4 oz boxes of Cereal to donate to the Fishers Youth Assistance Program’s Summer Meals.
International Fair - Thursday, April 28 5:30-7PM
This family event is free and open to all.
Come "tour the world" with our students who share customs, history, dance, food, music, and activities from their own cultures or from research.
This week in STEM we talked about Cherry Blossoms!
Ask you student:
- Where did the the first Cherry Blossom trees come from?
- What is the other name for these trees in their home country?
STEM needs a few donations:
- Bottle Caps
- Paper Plates
All SCE Families, do you want to run in the Geist 5K Fitness Challenge on Saturday, May 21?
Now that SCE Striders is underway, registration is open JUST FOR THE GEIST EVENT.
1. Go to www.geisthalf.com/schools and click on ‘Register Now.’
2. Click on ‘Register HERE for Geist 5k Fitness Challenge.’
3. On the next page, click ‘I have an access code’ located on the right hand side of the page.
4. ACCESS CODE REQUIRED page. Please use the access code: STUDENT
5. Click ‘Validate’ to be taken to the next page.
6. Enter name, address, phone number, emergency contact, t-shirt size, etc.
7. Be sure to enter your team name at the drop down menu!
8. Agree to waiver.
9. Feel free to make a donation to your school!
10. Add billing address and payment.
11. Click ‘Submit.’ You are all set!
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN
Click to visit the HSE District Enrollment Page
Ready to Enroll? - Follow the 3 Step Process Online: CLICK HERE
Have a Kindergartener? To read more about Kindergarten Readiness: CLICK HERE.
Contact our school registrar, Cher McCord at 317-915-4270 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any registration/enrollment questions.
Current HSE/SCE students do not need to enroll for the next school year.
Future Fall Creek Intermediate Students
Social-Emotional Learning - Week of April 11
Kindergarten: Problem Solving - Taking Turns and Sharing
- Students will be able to demonstrate offering to share or taking turns as a problem-solving strategy.
First Grade: Problem-Solving - Was it an Accident?
- Students will be able to identify problems caused by accidents and demonstrate an appropriate response.
Second Grade: Problem-Solving - Thinking of Solutions
- Students will be able to generate multiple solutions to a problem.
Third Grade: Problem-Solving - Say the Problem
- Students will be able to restate the wants and needs of each person involved in a given problem.
Fourth Grade: Digital Citizenship - A Good Problem-Solver
- Students will be able to explain what they can do to be a better problem-solver.
Would you like more information on Social Emotional Learning?
Visit the HSE District Sites to read more, or follow the links below:
April 18-22 is Week 2. There may be changes to the menu due to supply chain limitations. Thank you for your understanding.
Have you observed an employee who goes above and beyond their job responsibilities/duties to make a difference? Leave them a RAVE Review. It takes 2 mins to complete but makes a long lasting impact for an educator.
Literacy Resources Available for the Community to Review - Curriculum Review
Literacy resources for grades K-6 and World Language resources for grades 7-12 will be on display at the HSE Administration Office during the noted times. Families and staff are invited to preview the selections and offer feedback during the below dates and times:
- Monday, May 9 from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 10 from 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Mudsock Youth Athletics Updates
Boys Volleyball is BACK this Spring:
Due to interest, Mudsock Youth Volleyball will be running sessions for 3rd - 8th graders from April 22nd - May 15th on Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Participants can register NOW at myathletics.com. Parents/guardians, thank you for letting us know if you'd like to coach on the online form. Learn everything you need to know, including the format here. We’ll see you on the courts soon! Questions? Email email@example.com.
Knights Travel Cheerleading Tryouts:
Calling all incoming 5th and 6th graders! Do you want to stunt, flip, jump, and cheer for the Knights Travel Football Team? Attend the callout meeting on April 25th for all the details. The Knights Cheerleading 2022 season tryouts will be held Sunday, May 15th, from 4:30-7 p.m. at DeVeau’s Gymnastics. Find information and registration details here.
Fall Sport Registration Opens May 1st:
Mark your calendars! Open registration for football, cheerleading, soccer, girls volleyball, cross country, co-ed field hockey, fall baseball and softball will take place on May 1 – May 31st at myathletics.com. Find fall season information from our leagues here.
Visit the Community Insider page linked below for all the details.