By: Emily King
What is your chosen career?/ Why did you choose this career?
- I chose Marine Biology as my career
- Marine biology is the study of organisms and other marine life in the ocean
- Marine Biology combines swimming and science which are the two things I love to do which is why I chose this career.
Where are you planning to live?/ What does your career entail?
- I plan to live in south Carolina considering the fact that there are many marine jibs in that area
- A marine biologist studies and experiments on plants and other organisms that live in a saltwater environment.
- The main focus of a marine biologist is to examine the production, reproduction, and health of a living animal.
What are some advantages and disadvantages?
- The advantages of being a Marine Biologists are you get to travel
- experience new places
- go swimming/ scuba diving,
- and you get to preserve living organisms in the oceans.
- The disadvantages of being a Marine Biologist are the physical risks like drowning,
- Harmful algae blooms
- hurricanes or rough weather.
What are you majoring in?/ What degrees do you need?
- Marine Science
- Associate Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Master’s Degree
- In order to get in the college I need a standard 2.9-3.7 GPA
- 9,335 students are enrolled
- Coastal Carolina was founded in 1954
- South Carolina was founded in 1663
Department of Training and Workforce Development, 2015. Web.
"How Long Do You Have to Go to School for Marine Biology? | The Classroom | Synonym." How Long Do You Have to Go to School for Marine Biology? | The Classroom | Synonym. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.
"Marine Biologist Salary (United States) United States Home Change Country Don't See What You Are Looking For?Get A Free Custom Salary Report »." Marine Biologist Salary. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.