Share your hobbies & interests with the Community.
Benefits of Teaching
- You get paid to teach what you enjoy!
- Advertise your class in our brochure which is mailed to over 13, 000 households in the Mechanicsburg Area School District and Non-Residents. In addition, we distribute the brochure to various locations throughout the community.
- In general, people tend to trust instructors hired through a recreation department more than those who advertise independently.
- During the school year, a monthly newsletter is distributed to students K-8 in the Mechanicsburg Area School District.
- Our brochure is online at www.mbgsd.org under Parks & Recreation and online registration is available.
- As an instructor, you are covered under the Mechanicsburg Area School District’s liability insurance.
- We use the Mechanicsburg Area School District facilities for programs, unless you have your own facility to use.
- No need to worry about registering participants for your class. We do all the work, including handling fees.
Steps You Need To Take
Fill-out a program proposal form by going to our website: www.mbgsd.org. Parks & Recreation > Employment Opportunity > Program Proposal. Submit the completed program proposal from to Sue Canniff, Recreation Specialist. After it is reviewed, Sue will set up an interview with you.
Bring to interview:
· A resume.
· A program outline describing the program and course objectives.