Week of May 27th
Important Dates for the Year:
- No School - Enjoy your Memorial Day!
Tuesday, May 28th:
- Reading EOG Makeups will be taking place around the building. (Eddie will email you if we need you to help make this happen.)
- 2nd/K/1st PLC
- DLT/PBIS Meeting
Wednesday, May 29th:
- Math EOG
Thursday, May 30th:
- 5th/3rd/4th PLC
Friday, May 31st:
- Science EOG (5th grade only)
- All IA evaluation drafts due to Carla/Eddie
- TESTING UPDATES - Everyone, please read!! Important info for all grade levels! Includes info about K-2 recess!! MATH EOG WEDNESDAY:
- Test Administrators - please check to ensure all phones/smart watches (ask the students) are not in your testing location! This would be an automatic misadministration.
- Testing on Friday went great! Thank you to everyone for moving quickly and getting started as soon as possible! Testing administrators, please be sure to pick up your materials between 7-7:30 in Mandy's room. You will need to count calculators so come earlier than Friday. If you need to count books and answer sheets too, please come closer to 7 than 7:30. As soon as your class is ready to start testing, please start! Let's shoot for no later than an 8:15 start time! Here is the login support document. Some log in support people have changed due to morning duties, so everyone please check it! If you are log in support and an administrator please check out your materials first then go and help your teacher. If you are an administrator with a morning duty, you can check out your materials when finished. Here is the proctor sheet for Wednesday's Math EOG. REMEMBER--Math has an estimated time of 120 minutes and a max time of 180 minutes, so this test should go more quickly! Let's have another smooth testing day!!
End of Year Checklist: Please work toward the End of Year Checklist as you can. Reach out to support staff for help as appropriate. Due this week: IA draft evaluation and also please be working on class list drafts as a grade level!
- Remediation/Retesting: We will be in touch about how we may need you to help with this effort. This year we will only be providing remediation for reading for 4th/5th and 5th grade for Science. Readminister days are June 10th and 11th. We will keep teachers and staff posted about how we may need you to help!
- EOY Celebrations: There are many grade level/classroom celebrations going on during the last days of school. If you are leaving your room, but expecting parents, please let front desk know so that we can receive parents with a smile and send them in the right direction.
- PTA Check Reimbursements Deadline!! Please turn in receipts/requests for PTA funds by May 31st. Requests for things purchased from May 31st - June 7th - need to be turned in by June 10th.
- End of the Year Survey - Your voice matters! Please fill out the end of year survey when you have time between now and the end of the year. We will use this data in our summer planning for the master schedule! All voices matter!
- Planning for 19-20: It is almost time for me to begin working with the district office on allotments for next year. Please let me know ASAP if you are planning to retire or resign so that I can plan accordingly for filling vacancies. Even if you are just considering a change it would still help to know. My goal is to give you information about next year as soon as possible and this information is always helpful when planning.
- School Improvement Retreat - June 11th from 12:15 - 3:30. We will work on School Improvement Plan, work on the Schedule for 19-20, unpack data, examine TWCS data, and much more! Please sign up for your spot to join this action packed day! Lunch will be provided!!
- Save the Date: End of the year Luncheon - June 7th after kids leave/time - TBA
- Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
- Weekly Note: Feedback? Suggestions?....leave us some info in the Weekly Note!
Things to Share:
Ready Consumables: You may send home any USED Ready consumable student books with the students this summer. If you have any UNUSED Ready consumable books, please bring them to Mandy before you leave for the summer. If you are not teaching at NCE next year, please return the Ready teacher's manuals to Mandy.
Car Rider Duty:
AM Duty: Parrish, Avilia, Alvarez, Webster, B. Horton
PM Duty:Team 3 - Gomez, Rafetto, Carazo, Teague, Robinson, Knaus, Lowing, Spencer
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla.