The Titan Times: Week 12
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
In this Edition:
- Message from the Principal
- Mark Your Calendars, October Highlights, and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
- Leander ISD Opportunities & Upcoming Election Information: Leander ISD Props A & B
- Counselor's Connection Info & Message
- Ways to Stay Engaged & Volunteer for Upcoming Events
Welcome to November! November is typically a month to explain, highlight, and provide gratitude. To start the school year, I was gifted a gratitude journal from one of our families, and I aim to fill it out daily. It's amazing how impactful those 3-4 minutes shift my perspective of the day. This month, I encourage families to take time to review the many blessings around our community with their Titan(s). I am hopeful those conversations spark rewarding conversations in your home.
I can start by expressing how thankful we were to see a wonderful performance put on by our 5th graders last week and on Monday. Ms. Simpson did a fabulous job in collaboration with her specials team and the 5th grade team for our Titans. Our 5th graders showed a lot of PRIDE preparing for the show. It is pure joy to see our families and students beam with pride performing in front of an audience. I am thankful for those moments. Thank you!
As you will see, there are a few events happening this month that can keep us busy. Please be sure to read the following carefully so that you don't miss anything, and as always, please feel free to reach out if you wish to connect, collaborate, and/or celebrate. Together, we are better!
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
Elementary Football Game
The FPMS and RPE administration team enjoyed the games!
Elementary Football Game
Here are the feeder zone admin teams together!
Mark Your Calendars
- 10/31st- November 4 Instructional Coach Appreciation Week
- 2nd: Spelling Bee (See Info) & K-5 Wild Flower Stomp (See Info)
- 3rd: Father of Texas Day, Memory of Stephen F. Austin
- 3rd-4th Vandegrift Theatre Company Musical: The Descendants (See Info)
- 6th: Community Track Clean Up Day (Sign Up Here)
- 7th- 11th Maintenance Appreciation Week/ LSSP Appreciation Week
- 8th: Election Day/ No School for Students
- 9th: PTA General Meeting at 6 PM at RPE Cafeteria
- 10th: Grades 3-5 Fall Planting in the Garden (See Info)
- 11th: Veterans Day: Second Grade Performance (Info Coming)
- 14th-18th Assistant Principal Appreciation Week
- 15-17th: Scholastic Book Fair (Info Coming)
- 15th: Thanksgiving Feast at RPE (See Info Below)
- 21-25th: Fall Break- No school for staff and students
- 29th: Fall Picture Make Up Day
Spelling Bee Information
Fall Garden Events
Our first fall events are right around the corner and we need your help! The annual Wildflower Stomp will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 2 and fall planting for grades 3-5 will take place on Thursday, Nov. 10. If you're able, please sign up for an open time slot, or feel free to join us for any time you have available - the more the merrier!
This details the entire school year's student holidays, staff development days, early release, etc.
If you are a family who needs support with purchasing Titan gear, please reach out to our school counselor, Ms. Jennifer Randall, at email@example.com
MUST KNOWS FOR THE COMMUNITY
Leander ISD: School of Choice Option Still Offered
Proposition A & B Elections
The ballot for this November’s elections will include two Leander ISD propositions.
Proposition A is an Attendance Credit Election. Due to an increase in local property values, the state is removing about $31.2 million from our district through a mechanism that is often called Robin Hood. If LISD voters approve Proposition A, the district will make its required recapture payment to the state. If Proposition A fails, the state could remove dollars from our schools by forcing some taxpayers to start paying taxes to a different district instead of LISD.
Proposition B is a Voter-Approval Tax Rate Election. By approving Proposition B, voters would ratify the tax rate set by the LISD Board of Trustees and generate an additional $32 million for academics in LISD, including teacher pay and the continuity of programs.
For much more information about these propositions, please visit LeanderISD.org/elections.
Join PTA & Volunteer at RPE
Run/ Read Club: Volunteers Needed
What is River Place Run/Read Club:
- A morning walk or jog is a great way to start the day and a healthy habit to form. Encourage your kids by volunteering for this event!
- It is also a great way to see your kids interact with friends in their grade level.
- We need parent support to keep this program going strong. Your words of encouragement as they run laps go a long way to encourage the students.
- Students will either run around the track and earn prizes, OR they may read silently to self in the gym.
- Volunteers and teachers will help set up the tables, help students get their badges, log laps run, motivate kids, give out rewards for laps run, and collect badges and take down tables when Run Club is finished.
- After Run Club, at 7:50, Mr. Grace will pick up the students and take them to the cafeteria. Students who have not had breakfast yet will do so then.
Place: Check in at the front receptionist desk and then head to the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room across from the cafeteria)
Questions: please contact/text Tracey Schalscha at 602-558-0248
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED LISD VOLUNTEER. Read below this Monday Memo for more info on how to register. Watch for the "Click Here for LISD Volunteer Registration" button.
Run or Read Club Schedule:
(May dates may change due to STAAR testing)
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders